Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 versa note s, 45k miles. Until recently, no issues. Now having hesitation during acceleration on a consistent basis. ( no codes when checked in driveway nor during 20 minute drive WHILE experiencing the acceleration issue, rpm value 2200). Disconnected the MAF sensor as a test, car run MUCH better, up to 3500 rpm. Reconnected, same issue started up after roughly 5 miles. Note: in driveway (in Park), can depress accelerator and get up to 5-6K rpm, no issue. rpm., during hesitation issue, tach is constant- ie. no bouncing around. Ideas?
Thanks.

·
Registered
888 Posts
There times when a faulty sensor will not throw a code.

Symptoms of a Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor
  • The engine is very hard to start or turn over.
  • The engine stalls shortly after starting.
  • The engine hesitates or drags while under load or idle.
  • Hesitation and jerking during acceleration.
  • The engine hiccups.
  • Excessively rich or lean idling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply.
Update: I disconnected the MAF sensor and ran the car for 10 miles- it ran reasonably well. Reconnected, and it started to run bad again (with a check engine light on). The check engine light would not/ did not reset, so I checked for any codes- received the MAF sensor code. Will clean MAF sensor (with MAF cleaner) for the next step.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for your reply.
Update: I disconnected the MAF sensor and ran the car for 10 miles- it ran reasonably well. Reconnected, and it started to run bad again (with a check engine light on). The check engine light would not/ did not reset, so I checked for any codes- received the MAF sensor code. Will clean MAF sensor (with MAF cleaner) for the next step.
had an issue similar to your. Cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body. That resolved the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.