Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went from a 2006 chevy malibu with a good stereo to the versa, and not it sounds like i'm listening to everything through headphones made of cheese. it just sounds awful. My question: is it the factory stereo, or the factory speakers? Or both? and any recommendations to upgrade to a better model? thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too am thinking about changing out my speakers in my 15 note. I'd like to keep the head unit and just swap the 4 speakers.

Any tips from those who've done this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes the speakers do sound awful and the head unit is not powerful enough to take on more higher end speakers. So what I did was replaced all four speakers with Infinity's instead. Then I had to replace the head unit with Pioneer Avic-8000NEX for Apple Carplay. All that cost well over $1000. Worth it to this day though.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I started with a clean canvas 15 Versa S sedan, base cd Aux radio w steering wheel controls and only 2 speakers.

Since February I have gone through a couple different configurations... The car currently has a Double din Metra dash kit with a single din iso mounted(screws in the side) and a generic 1 din plastic pocket also iso mounted below it. I have had a double din Pioneer mixtrax (button interface, small lcd), a kenwood screen that I had hooked to my Galaxy s5 w Mhl Adapter and at one point a gaping hole in my dash when I had no head unit, only a bluetooth receiver connected to a sound processor and my amplifiers.

I have a hifonics HFEQ line driver sound processor combination hidden away in my glove box tied to a Brutus gorilla 5000 watt amp pushing a Kenwood 12inch T2 in a ported box and my door speakers connected to a 4 channel amp as well.

I have JBL coaxial 3 way speakers in all 4 doors, I had to add provisions for wiring them and mounting them to the backdoor locations where there were none previously installed.

Everything is powered by a single true 0 gauge power wire run from the battery and a matching ground wire ground at the seat belt mounting point in the back. Had to remove all of the under hood fuse box to drill a hole in the firewall for the cable to fit, I also had to be careful not to knick the brake booster when I came thru with the step bit, this was the only spot I really had to effectively run that cable with the extra bracketry for my clutch pedal(my Versa is a 5 speed), so others may have more room.

I also added an aftermarket power lock kit to my Versa so I ran alot of the wiring fir this at the same time, it was very involved and I've had the entire interior stripped out at least twice while setting everything up.

I can try to get you pics of anything you wanna see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My daughter has a Versa S also. I'm considering a new radio/speaker combo for her for Christmas, but nothing that elaborate... I am very interested in which door lock kit you used and any info on that. it is a pain to lock/unlock those doors, especially back seat from the drivers position.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I started with a clean canvas 15 Versa S sedan, base cd Aux radio w steering wheel controls and only 2 speakers.

Since February I have gone through a couple different configurations... The car currently has a Double din Metra dash kit with a single din iso mounted(screws in the side) and a generic 1 din plastic pocket also iso mounted below it. I have had a double din Pioneer mixtrax (button interface, small lcd), a kenwood screen that I had hooked to my Galaxy s5 w Mhl Adapter and at one point a gaping hole in my dash when I had no head unit, only a bluetooth receiver connected to a sound processor and my amplifiers.

I have a hifonics HFEQ line driver sound processor combination hidden away in my glove box tied to a Brutus gorilla 5000 watt amp pushing a Kenwood 12inch T2 in a ported box and my door speakers connected to a 4 channel amp as well.

I have JBL coaxial 3 way speakers in all 4 doors, I had to add provisions for wiring them and mounting them to the backdoor locations where there were none previously installed.

Everything is powered by a single true 0 gauge power wire run from the battery and a matching ground wire ground at the seat belt mounting point in the back. Had to remove all of the under hood fuse box to drill a hole in the firewall for the cable to fit, I also had to be careful not to knick the brake booster when I came thru with the step bit, this was the only spot I really had to effectively run that cable with the extra bracketry for my clutch pedal(my Versa is a 5 speed), so others may have more room.

I also added an aftermarket power lock kit to my Versa so I ran alot of the wiring fir this at the same time, it was very involved and I've had the entire interior stripped out at least twice while setting everything up.

I can try to get you pics of anything you wanna see.
Hi all.

My first post, so bit info about me - proud owner of 2015 Versa Note S. I was wondering how difficult would it be to replace stock radio with a better receiver preferably one that includes back up camera - I am not made of $ so not looking to spend, something similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IPJX8W4/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1HWZDRZZ63Q23&colid=TVDW27U1Y3VG (Boss Audio B9351WRC Double Din, Touchscreen, Bluetooth, DVD/CD/MP3/USB/SD AM/FM Car Stereo, 6.2 Inch Digital LCD Monitor, Wireless Remote, Wireless Rear License Plate Camera).
I was wondering if anyone can suggest something - I do realize that you get what you pay for, so I am looking for a compromise of price vs features - I do not need CD/DVD, or XM or Sirius, but responsive screen, USB etc. In the future, I might consider replacing speakers (budget permitting). I was wondering how difficult it it would be to self-install.
One more question,if I may - I do not mind manual windows, but I'd like to be able to unlock doors from driver side, instead one by one - what would it cost to install, and (I know, cheapskate again), but would it be possible to self install?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I too am thinking about changing out my speakers in my 15 note. I'd like to keep the head unit and just swap the 4 speakers.

Any tips from those who've done this.
I'm also on a super tight budget, anyone able to recommend a good set of speakers that will work well with the stock head unit?

I'm looking at infinity 6.5 coaxial (REF-6522ix Reference X series).

I have done a couple automobile sound system up grades and don't want to blow $$$ on new head unit & power amp.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Since you know what brand you want, just shop around. I usually buy open box deals myself and in many cases its from crutchfeld as they include adapters and mounting hardware for free.

Otherwise I look for 2 things on new speakers. frequency response the lower the better for range of sound. They I look at sensitivity. The higher the louder they will sound. THe lower it is the more power you will need for the bass to engage.

I use to be a jensen and kenwood fan til I got a set of kickers. Now I have no problem paying 50 bucks a speaker. >:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2017 Versa SV . I was going to go with that website as well they're just too pricey. Am I able to use the mounting cage from the factory unit on an aftermarket unit?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2017 Versa SV . I was going to go with that website as well they're just too pricey. Am I able to use the mounting cage from the factory unit on an aftermarket unit?
no, you need the metra kit. I just did this to mine :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts