Nissan Versa Forums banner

61 - 61 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
PAC Cable Jumper Pin Verification

August 7, 2018

I have a 2015 Versa SV with the Mid Level Audio head unit. I have upgraded to a 2016 Sentra Display Color Audio head unit 28185-4AF1A.
The 2014 Base Audio wiring diagrams are incorrect for my application. The 2015 Mid Level has a white 32 pin connector and a white 20 pin connector. The 2016 Display Color Audio also has the 32 pin and 20 pin. The 20 pin connectors are exactly the same, between the two, I have not moved any wires on the 20 pin.

The 32 pin connector on the Mid level contains the AUX input, the Bluetooth signals from external module and I think that's it.

The Display Color Audio 32 pin connector has the camera input in the terminals that the Mid Level used for the AUX, thus the Display Color Audio has moved the AUX input into a separate white 8 pin connector.

The Mid Level Audio's External Bluetooth module does send the Talk/HangUp signals to the head unit 32 pin connector. But the Display Color Audio head unit having its own Bluetooth does not communicate with the External Bluetooth module. Jumping the pins, as in connecting each corresponding pair together, at the External Bluetooth modules 32 pin (not the head units) connector. And leaving it unplugged, simply forwards those signals from the steering wheel to the head unit, bypassing the External Bluetooth module. There is an aftermarket jumper connector that will do this for you, PAC-BT-SWC-NI1. It's a female 32 pin connector that plugs onto the External Bluetooth modules 32 pin harness. It has 3 wire loops that connect the Talk/HangUp switch input to there corresponding output to headunit. If you have the Nissan wiring diagrams, these are labeled "Ladder Signals."

This jumper does not forward the Microphone signals. I noticed that the wires labeled "TEL VOICE -, TEL VOICE +, and TEL VOICE GND" coming from the External Bluetooth module and going to the head unit 32 pin connector, will also not be used by the Display Color Audio head unit. So I added 3 more loops to that PAC jumper to connect the Microphone inputs and use the TEL VOICE wires to carry the Mic signals to the head unit.

I ordered the AXXESS ADD A CAMERA 32 pin harness. It comes with all 32 pins filled with wires. I used a pick tool and back out 6 that were not going to be used and that's what I used to add those 3 loops to the PAC jumper for the Mic signals.

I backed the camera wire pins from the female end of the AXXESS harness. I added pin wires I removed from other not needed terminals in those spots and put the other ends into the white AUX input 8 pin connector. I'm creating total plug-n-play with the AXXESS harness due to still being under warranty. You can simply back the AUX pins out of the Versa Mid Level 32 pin connector and put them into the 8 pin.

I backed the "TEL VOICE" terminals out of the male end of the AXESS harness and pushed them into the correct Microphone input positions. That's also how I ended up with extra wired pin terminals, backing unnecessary wires out of the AXXESS in order to move the correct wire pin into that location.

The Display Color Audio head unit does not appear to use any of the TEL VOICE, or Communication or M Can-H, M Can-L signals. Terminals 21 through 32, 40 through 43, 45, 49, and 52 are not used by the Display Color Audio head unit.
Also terminals 44,46,47,48 all go to Ground.

The AUX input terminals go from the Mid Level Audio 32 pin over to the 8 pin connector as follows.
34 to 59
35 to 60
36 to 61
51 to 62

The Display Color Audio head unit is looking for the Mic signals as follows.
37 MIC +
38 MIC V(voice)+
39 MIC GND (Shield)

As mentioned, I reused the TEL VOICE wires coming from the External Bluetooth module to carry the Mic signals by adding 3 more jumper loops to the PAC BT SWC NI1 and then moving the corresponding TEL VOICE wire terminals in the head unit 32 pin connector to the correct 37,38,39. I used the TEL GND Shield for the MIC GND Shield hoping for less interference on the mic signal.

Anytime you see SHIELD labeled on a wiring diagram, it means that entire group of wires is wrapped in foil inside what looks like one large cable. Just like a cable tv coax line with the center wire and the foil outer wrapper. The idea is to stop RF interference. Some might benefit using RCA cables with this feature between head unit and amp. The shield goes to the chassis ground on the metal case at each end, head unit and amp. If the "Shield" is not grounded to the devices chassis ground, then any stray interference won't be carried away by the foil and killed so to speak. Lol

The Green camera wire on the AXXESS harness will connect to the +12V Reverse lamps signal. The black wire supplies a ground to the camera and the yellow supplies a +6.2V output for the factory camera. If installing an aftermarket camera, simply connect the cameras +12V input to the Reverse lamps positive in the hatch/trunk. Ground its black wire back there also. Then only run the RCA video cable up to the head unit. My camera RCA cable contained a red wire to carry the reverse lamps signal to the head unit that was very handy.
They cost a little more, but buy a camera that has a loop to cut to turn off its built in Guide Lines. The Display Color Audio head unit generates its own guide lines. I have a cheap China camera now and have double set of guide lines on the screen. I have a Sony camera ordered that has the loop to cut and a better low light camera than the cheap one. Avoid "Night Vision" cameras. The added light from the cars reverse lamps is too much. I had one on another car. Day or night all I saw was a washed out white screen. Dusk was the only time the damn thing worked. This Sony is supposedly Low Light but not Night Vision. My last car had one like it and night time was awesome and bright sunny day was just as good. I think it was auto brightness adjusting along with Low Light camera.

My aftermarket cameras harness has a switch to select normal or mirror image. I noticed the Display Color head unit does not flip or mirror the image. It shows it just as the camera sends it. So make sure the camera you purchase is fixed mirror image or selectable mirror image. Since we are trained to back a vehicle looking into a rear view mirror, the video image needs to display "mirrored" or else you'll be turning the wrong direction while backing. I have seen cameras on eBay without the mirror switch and some with.

My mind is drawing a blank now, if I think of more, I'll add it.
Hi Versa15, can you verify is this how you have your PAC Cable jumps, well pin 12, 13, 14 & 17, 18, 19 are already prejump. also where are you getting you Mic +5v power from now?

Thanks

Attachments

61 - 61 of 61 Posts