Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed my Alpine ILX-W650 and so far so good. I have a bypass module that I'm going to install tomorrow hopefully as well as a mini USB OTG to retain factory USB port on the new head unit. I'll post as many pics as I can.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also waiting for my microBypass adapter because the unit wont let me edit settings or anything without the parking brake on (super annoying) so this will let me do so :D

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hows the unit compare over stock?
I havent really had time to mess with it. all the menus are disabled because I didnt hook up e-brake wire. im waiting for the bypass to come in to fully customize it. ill post a vid once its all said and done :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why not put a swicth to the control wire?
I'd rather have it always on. plus a switch would require making a home somewhere for it. this is less obvious and more stealth :)

can you post a pic of the car on your avatar? looks good :smile

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fair enough.

The car is my versa. It has integra wheels (LS7) and hella lights with a factory fog light from an older nissan. Other than that its stock

Looks good.

Thread update. Returned the alpine because I just didn't like it. Crappy sound and very limited. So I bought a pioneer 4400NEX and wow what a difference. Crisp sound coming from stock speakers before I even played with the EQ. Android auto is much more responsive and doesn't crash like it did with the alpine. I'll post pics of it tomorrow. It's 4:30 am and I'm watching my dog as she invested xylitol and we had a long night at the vet. She got a hold of my wife's sugar free gum. Thank God it was only a little bit and she's ok. Just a little vomit and an upset stomach. So now o have to monitor her blood sugar every 2 hours to make sure she's good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im having issues with the ASWC-1. it just wont program my steering wheel controls.
ive tried everything the manuals say (and online instructions) and it just doesnt work. i do the programming and it ends up flashing greed/red again. im at wits end with this already.

any tips on where to install the wires.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so I said screw it and removed the ASWC-1 module and bolted everything back up.
also installed an alpine PWE-S8 under seat powered sub and it sounds great for what it is. I was expecting less and was pleasantly surprised! :)

ill try and get some pictures tomorrow. im very happy with the install and the way it sounds :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
next project is new 6.5 door speakers (front and back) and a 4 channel amp for voice. just haven't decided what I want yet. leaning towards Infinity speakers or Pioneer. both are solid choices to be honest.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my OEM fog lights today, along with some 3000K LED yellow bulbs for them. installing those today :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts