Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my belt replaced as well as my alternator 1 week ago . when it started raining my car was screeching really loud! The mechanic I went to is in another state I was out of state at the time. I figured after looking at things online that the belt may be like loose or too tight I talked to a mechanic who said he can come out and see it but he saying that the car has an automatic belt tensioner so he doesn’t think it’s the tension of the belt ? how can I confirm if this model has a automatic belt tensioner? I have spent so much money I really don’t have much left and can’t get ripped off right now

thank you

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just had my belt replaced as well as my alternator 1 week ago . when it started raining my car was screeching really loud! The mechanic I went to is in another state I was out of state at the time. I figured after looking at things online that the belt may be like loose or too tight I talked to a mechanic who said he can come out and see it but he saying that the car has an automatic belt tensioner so he doesn’t think it’s the tension of the belt ? how can I confirm if this model has a automatic belt tensioner? I have spent so much money I really don’t have much left and can’t get ripped off right now

thank you
i did mine awhile ago..2016 cvt the belt has a manual tensioner..

·
Registered
898 Posts

thank you
Sometimes with a new belt, you can end up with some slipping causing a screeching sound in damp weather. In a pinch most auto supply stores sell "belt dressing" in a aerosol can that can quiet a noisy belt, but I am not a big fan of using it. Good luck!!!

·
Super Moderator
395 Posts
I just changed out the factory serpentine belt on our 2015 Nissan Versa sedan with ~64K miles on it yesterday. I used a Continental belt from Rock Auto.

It takes longer to get the front right wheel off and all the push pins and screws out of the fender liner, to get the liner out of the way than it does to change the belt.

Very simple job with the manual tensioner. All the pulleys rolled like they were new yet thankfully.

If these flimsy little cars have something good going for them, most of the maintenance is simple. The alternator, starter and a/c compressor are simple to get at- at least on my 2015 1.6s sedan they are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts