Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a Versa S w/ manual transmission with about 400 miles on it so far. Since day 1, I have noticed a faint sewing-machine-like sound that is audible from inside the car when idling. It's faint enough that AC fans on 2 would pretty much mask it entirely.

I realize that there were other posts about engine noises, but none of the ones I could find were very recent and pertain to the 2015/2016 Versa.

The dealership is saying that it's a normal sound for the 4 cyl. engine, is that true? Is it the fuel injectors and the Versa just has no soundproofing material?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the same thing. I have like 225 miles on it.... I would not worry at all! i think it's just the small engine and injectors.... Only does it at idle as far as i can tell... My 2007 xterra has a similiar noise and i traced it to injector rail. been like that since 2009.. LOL...

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
the injectors are very loud. That plus the lack of insulation on these budget vehicles amplifies the sound. My vote is for the injectors as well.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The Versa sedans (2012-present) and the Versa Notes (2014-present) have the new HR16DE engines that feature dual injectors; each cylinder has two port fuel injectors. Therefore, while not as powerful or efficient as direct injection, it costs less than direct injection and is still more powerful and efficient than single port fuel injectors.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was going to post asking if the 1.6L engine was Direct injection or not, but this thread (that post up there^^^) just answered it for me. :)

I had read somewhere recently that these engines had direct injection, but I had thought they did not, and that had factored into my decision making as I did not want a direct injection engine, as I've seen a lot of bad stuff regarding them and valve deposits.

I just want a good simple car that will last me, which I do believe I have. Getting close to the 30k mark with it, so far, so good. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Those dual port injectors provide a great middle ground. They provide better performance than single port injectors without the headaches of direct injection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts