Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The USB ports on my 2016 Versa won't charge my Samsung Note 9 phone (it's running Android 10.) I've known this since I bought the car a couple years ago. My phone dying while I was driving on a recent road trip has motivated me to finally try to find a definitive answer on whether this is normal or not.

If the USB ports aren't supposed to be able to charge my phone, would it be easiest to replace the cd player/radio with a new system that includes a USB port? Or is it possible (and cost effective) to replace the USB ports with ones that will charge my phone?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
165 Posts
Perhaps try an adapter for the 12 Volt cigarette lighter port (by the parking brake). I have an adapter for my girlfriend's phone and it charges fine from that source. She has a Samsung phone, but I don't know the model.

The adapter was fairly inexpensive and we store it in the glove box. When we travel, she can keep her phone charged up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Perhaps try an adapter for the 12 Volt cigarette lighter port (by the parking brake). I have an adapter for my girlfriend's phone and it charges fine from that source. She has a Samsung phone, but I don't know the model.

The adapter was fairly inexpensive and we store it in the glove box. When we travel, she can keep her phone charged up.
The USB ports on my 2016 Versa won't charge my Samsung Note 9 phone (it's running Android 10.)
I have a 2016 SV and have had it for 6 years this summer. I am also an android user. My USB will charge phone though you will need to pay attention to phone screen when you plug in. My android phones (I've had 2 different makes since owning car - LG and Samsung) have always asked what I want to do when using that particular USB port. Since I normally connect an old .mp3 player or thumb drive there for music (thanks for not thinking of androids nissan) I use a dual USB port in my 12v.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts