Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to buy a 2017 versa at the dealer. the sales guy showed me a 2016 that he can get me an even better deal. whats the difference between 2016 and 2017? should i go with the 2016 and get $500 more off?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Getting ready to buy a 2017 versa at the dealer. the sales guy showed me a 2016 that he can get me an even better deal. whats the difference between 2016 and 2017? should i go with the 2016 and get $500 more off?
Which transmission? If it's the CVT, I might be more inclined to go for a newer model. If it's the manual, I'd go for whichever is less expensive.

On my 2015, I have keyed door locks on both driver's and passenger side doors. Now they only come with one keyed lock on the driver's side. Not sure if this started in 2016 or 2017, but it's worth checking.

·
Registered
80 Posts
2017 Versa sedan has both doors keyed.
Interesting. I Googled the 2016 Versa Note for pics and I found one that shows both rear doors with keyed locks as well.

I distinctly remember seeing one that only had one keyed lock, on the driver's side door. I guess this could vary by trim level.

On my 2015 S, there are only two keyed locks. On the Note SV above, all four doors appear to have keyed locks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My 2016 S base sedan only has the driver door keyed. Notarized, the picture you have there looks like a rendering to me (not a *real* photo of an actual car). Any real photos I have seen so far don't show key holes for rear doors, but who knows maybe they are out there.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Interesting. I Googled the 2016 Versa Note for pics and I found one that shows both rear doors with keyed locks as well.

I distinctly remember seeing one that only had one keyed lock, on the driver's side door. I guess this could vary by trim level.

On my 2015 S, there are only two keyed locks. On the Note SV above, all four doors appear to have keyed locks.
In my 35+ years in the automotive industry I have yet to see a car with rear doors keyed. Most cars nowadays, particularly with keyless entry systems tend to have only the driver door keyed. I agree, the picture is photoshopped.

·
Registered
80 Posts
In my 35+ years in the automotive industry I have yet to see a car with rear doors keyed. Most cars nowadays, particularly with keyless entry systems tend to have only the driver door keyed. I agree, the picture is photoshopped.
You're right, of course... LOL

I thought I remembered my old 69' Plymouth Valiant from back in the day having keyed back doors... But that was just my mind playing tricks on me. It did have a nice big back seat suitable for a wide range of activities. :20:

Interesting that they lost the passenger side lock on the 2016, but found it again for 2017. Good to know.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Just the driver and passenger doors are keyed, but only on S and S plus with manual locks. Note's with power locks only have drivers side keyed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts