Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headunit rebooted the other day while driving, once I got home and turned car back on, I had a blank screen. Time was displayed, but the rest just blank.
Troubleshooting done:
1. took terminal off of battery and replaced after a few seconds. did not reset unit
2. checked all fuses, they are good but still replaced. (did not work) time still displayed
3. pressed power on and settings button at the same time while booting after Nissan logo flashed for 10 seconds, still blank.

I get a quick nissan logo flash and then 10 seconds later it flashes again to a blank screen, time still displayed

4. after initial flash I wait for second logo flash and press settings button and setting screen with bass treble ect. appears but cannot toggle or get out of the screen.
5. took battery cable off of extended period, unit flashes orange ten times and then logo appears, dont know what that means but several times it flashed 10 times when trying to replicate.

6. when in reverse backup camera does not engage. black screen.

due to the time being displayed and being able to get to the settings menu i I dont think the screen is bad so i too the unit out without unplugging it but made sure all of the wires were connected firmly.

What should I try next trying to avaoid buying an oem product, if anything i will get a xm sat unit with back up camera,

Youssef

·
Registered
461 Posts
Try this, It will give you any error codes on the AV unit.
You may also be able to clear some errors.

1. Turn the ignition ON.
2. Turn the audio unit OFF.
3. While pressing the preset 1 button, turn the volume control dial clockwise and counterclockwise quickly approximately 15 times or more. Shifting from current screen to previous screen is performed by pressing BACK button.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts