Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car new with four miles on the odometer on May 10, 2017. After driving it for 19 months, I have about 19,648 miles on it. Last night I was driving on the freeway at 70 mph. The engine jerked and the speed gage dropped to 40 mph but the engine was still racing. I pulled into the right lane and the car slowly accelerated back to 60 mph. When I exited the freeway the car would not accelerate. I pushed the gas pedal down and the gage registered "60" but it slowly accelerated. According to my salesman, it is supposed to be under warranty but I have to get it towed to the dealership. I am supposed to have roadside coverage for mechanical problems, out of gas, flat tires, etc but the service department representative did not offer to tow it for me when I called. I want to be proactive in addressing this problem. Is there a manufacturer customer service number I can call, if needed?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Most people have towing insurance anymore and he may have assumed you did. I would call the service manager not the salesman. He should offer to get it towed in and give you a loner. If you have the CVT automatic transmission it would be my guess that it is bad.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you bought it new you suppose to be given a stack of manuals/instructions, including the warranty information and where to call for towing during warranty period. Did you bother to look there? The phone is 1-800-647-7261 NISSAN USA.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Are you not the master of your own ship? YOU are the one that is supposed to 100% positively know what you have as coverage and don't. You should have positive proof somewhere in the stack of documentation you took home the day car was sold.

If not, I can give you a deal at much less than the norm on bank account management fees.................

This sounds like the dealer who once jacked up the price on a car $1000 after we had agreed on the price, I saw it the next day on receipt and then told them the car was coming back to them, I did not want it. They told me I couldn't legally do it.........until I told them I had called the bank backing the loan to cancel it and forced them to talk. I got that $1000 back in cash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
amc49
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing