Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference in location of the blower motor and heater box as well as access to them for the 2018 Versa sedan?

The mice have invaded my 2018 Versa sedan AGAIN! The first time was in rural New Hampshire and the mechanic had to pull the dashboard to clean, cost $400 (and a very grumpy mechanic; terrible job for him). Now I am in California and I'm getting price quotes close to $2000 if the heater core/box has to be cleaned. $400 of it's "only" the blower motor.

Does the dashboard on the 2018 have to be pulled for the blower motor? I thought there was a design change and it does have to be pulled. I see youtube videos of other year models with easier access but they don't visually look the same as my year/model. I want to be able to do this myself but no way I can pull out the dashboard.

A reality check about access of these would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have a 2012 Versa sedan, and the motor is on the drivers side of the cabin air filter box. I know that pulling the motor on my year vehicle can be done without taking the dash apart, but it is one hell of a job. I do not know the layout of the 2018 blower motor and could not find anything on Youtube regarding the 2018. My cabin "air filter" access point is on the passenger side of the box, and the video shows how to replace the actual filter itself which is not a difficult job in my vehicle. If your configuration is the same, you might want to try removing the filter itself, and using a small vacuum cleaner nozzle attachment try to clean out the air box from the filter side access point. Hope this gives you some ideas, and good luck.

·
Registered
2018 versa sv
1 Posts
My son has a 2018 sedan, some rodent got in through the ventilation intake under the windshield cowl. I have a third party maint. manual it said you had to remove the kick panel then the pedal assembly to get to the blower motor. I passed on that and removed the windshield cowl and found the air inlet, the screen was loose. I used a shop vac and made a small diameter (~1" ) hose attachment duct tape the the shop vac hose. I stuck that down the duct and pulled out some acorn pieces. I'll put some screen glued to the metal, hopefully to deter further pests!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Zoom23. I ended up taking it to dealership - not trivial to access the blower motor like previous years' models. Cost me $500. That was before I saw your post so now I have to try to keep the evil rodents away. I'm in a different location and the car won't be sitting like it was. One thing for sure, dryer sheets, moth balls don't work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts