Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my Versa for about a year - i had it for 2 months before I had to spend hundreds of $$$ to have my mechanic clean out the mouse nest. He said the job was major and took him a good part of a day. I turned my car into a perfume house with dryer sheets everywhere - it didn't work; the mice are back and the noise is bad when I turn on the fan (which I immediately turned off and now freeze while driving with single digit temps).

I've read some of the previous posts and it does look like this won't be a DIY job but what I want to know is if there is anything I can surround my blower motor with to prevent mouse access in the future?? Any advice other than sell this car and find another that is easier to repair as the mice are not going away any time soon despite my best efforts to kill the bastards.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Aside from taking mice out of the equation. I don't know what you can do. I've seen videos of late model Nissan Sentras where you can get the blower assembly out of the plenum by only removing the brake and accelerator pedal assembly. I don't think that's possible with any vintage Versii.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here's a few things I found on the internet that are supposed to help deter mice. I don't know how well any of them work but might be worth a try to use in your garage or car.

Peppermint oil, cayenne pepper, pepper and cloves. Mice are said to hate the smell of these. Lightly soak some cotton balls in oils from one or more of these foods and leave the cotton balls in places where you've had problems with mice. Another option is to make cheesecloth sachets from dry cayenne, mint, and whole cloves and leave them in places where mice tend to hide, such as under beds and corners.

Place tubs of used kitty litter around entrances to the house. I can't attest to the success of this one as I don't have a cat, but it makes sense that at the smell of cat urine, mice would and clear off in a jiffy.

Ammonia smells like the urine of a possible predators. Fill caps from plastic bottles with ammonia and leave them out anywhere mice might be tempted to enter, such the pantry or under the sink - just be sure to place them out of reach of pets and children.

Of course I doubt you'll want to use used kitty litter or ammonia inside your car. The peppermint oil might be a good choice to try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts