Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

When the original Nissan Leaf debuted eight years ago, it was hailed as the affordable electric vehicle. At the time, its range was low, but as one of the first mass-market EVs, it quickly grew a cult-like following for its technology and spaceship looks.

Today, the EV competition is fierce with big names like Tesla trying to get into the affordable electric vehicle category. Nissan’s new Leaf has a lot to live up to. It has to appeal to current fans who adore it, but also go head-to-head with some stiff competition and attempt to draw in more mainstream customers. It’s not an easy task.

While the 2018 Nissan Leaf technically shares the same platform as the old car, it feels all new. It has an upgraded 110-kW electric motor and a 40-kWh lithium-ion battery pack. Nissan claims 150 miles (241 km) of range with this version.
Read more about the 2018 Nissan Leaf Review and First Drive at AutoGuide.com.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Before I pulled the trigger on the V I researched used Leafs as many were coming off lease's and none of them held their value. An almost 40 thousand dollar car a few years old and 20 thousand miles were going in the neighborhood of 12 grand plus or minus a few depending on trim. To my disappointment most were from Texas, FL and CA near area of flooding when I reviewed the carfax. Further research showed the existing capacity of the battery may not meet my 40 mile round trip commute in all seasons when use of the AC, heater is done and stop n go traffic. :surprise

Although I hate pumping gas my V gets 43 mpg and I hope the new Leaf does better or leads to cleaner better cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing