Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found B E A UTIFUL body kits for 2020-2022 Nissan Versa. I will gladly tell everyone where to find them. Please leave a photo of your car in all its glory as a tribute for this information. The foreign version of the Nissan Versa is the Nissan Almera. The Almera is identical to the versa except for the engine which is a TURBO-charged 3-cylinder. This means anybody looking to TURBO their Versa can find a Nissan approved TURBO. The manifold will be different but at least you'll have the TURBO.
if you're interested in these parts search Almera parts instead of Versa parts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ehhh... you're partially right.

The new Almera is a 1.0L 3-cylinder turbo that barely pushes 100hp. Their OE turbo will not just bolt up to a USDM spec HR16DE 1.6L engine. You'll want to find a properly sized turbo with the correct thermal efficiency and output for your application. The stock plastic manifold also fails over 0.5 bar (roughly 7 psi) on the HR16DE well before any real power can be made.

The 3rd gen Versa looks like the new Sentra or Altima now, and isn't even priced in the same bracket as most entry-level economy cars. The Almera name was appended to the Versa "N" platform in 2011. You'll be hard pressed trying to get any of those new body kits shipped stateside (especially with the recent supply chain shortages), but if you want one badly enough it's doable. Just be ready to fork over $$$ for that ABS.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ehhh... you're partially right.

The new Almera is a 1.0L 3-cylinder turbo that barely pushes 100hp. Their OE turbo will not just bolt up to a USDM spec HR16DE 1.6L engine. You'll want to find a properly sized turbo with the correct thermal efficiency and output for your application. The stock plastic manifold also fails over 0.5 bar (roughly 7 psi) on the HR16DE well before any real power can be made.

The 3rd gen Versa looks like the new Sentra or Altima now, and isn't even priced in the same bracket as most entry-level economy cars. The Almera name was appended to the Versa "N" platform in 2011. You'll be hard pressed trying to get any of those new body kits shipped stateside (especially with the recent supply chain shortages), but if you want one badly enough it's doable. Just be ready to fork over $$$ for that ABS.

So do you know for a fact that these parts won't fit a 2020 Nissan Versa SR or is it more speculation? I am genuinely curious as I have a 2020 Nissan Versa SR I want to modify with body kits as well as performance parts. Money isn't a issue in that aspect as I want the best of the best for my car. I want quality parts and modifications as the saying is you get what you pay for id much rather pay the extra Hundreds of dollars for quality items. And I really want to modify my Versa. Any information and help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you look at them side by side they have identical body shape, body lines, and dimensions. They're both nissan, the only difference is the name and the engine. Those body kits should be a perfect/near-perfect fit on the Versa SR. I haven't tried the seller yet but they seem legit. If you purchase any of those kits post pictures and let us know how they turn out

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not here to explain the difference between USDM and THDM/JDM body parts. Anyone who has owned a 2006-2019 Versa will tell you the same. No one has verified compatibility, just saying "they look the same" means nothing in regards to aftermarket car parts.

Body clip locations may be different. What you see on the outside is just that, what you see on the outside. Sellers overseas also rarely ship body parts without placing a bulk order, as they're very cumbersome to ship individually. No one has taken the plunge because no shop wants a shipping container full of potentially useless body kits that hardly anyone would be interested in buying. Let's be honest here.

If money is no object, what is stopping you? You don't have to listen to me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not here to explain the difference between USDM and THDM/JDM body parts. Anyone who has owned a 2006-2019 Versa will tell you the same. No one has verified compatibility, just saying "they look the same" means nothing in regards to aftermarket car parts.

Body clip locations may be different. What you see on the outside is just that, what you see on the outside. Sellers overseas also rarely ship body parts without placing a bulk order, as they're very cumbersome to ship individually. No one has taken the plunge because no shop wants a shipping container full of potentially useless body kits that hardly anyone would be interested in buying. Let's be honest here.

If money is no object, what is stopping you? You don't have to listen to me.

Your right I don't have to listen to you however throwing money at something I know nothing about would be reckless. Money may not be an issue but having information before making a decision is how I always have money because I never spend on things that are pointless to buy. So your opinion may not be based on facts or personal experiences but it is just as valuable to me because even having a miniscule amount of knowledge is better than having none. And I appreciate your response and your time u take to give an opinion at all. It gives me a basis to go off of. And I appreciate it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you look at them side by side they have identical body shape, body lines, and dimensions. They're both nissan, the only difference is the name and the engine. Those body kits should be a perfect/near-perfect fit on the Versa SR. I haven't tried the seller yet but they seem legit. If you purchase any of those kits post pictures and let us know how they turn out
Agreed they look just about exact in every aspect body wise. I think as long as they offer some sort of warranty that is more then 6 months from date of receiving then I would take that chance I already contacted the seller via email and I'm awaiting more information on this kit. If it pans out I will post pictures of parts before and after installation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your right I don't have to listen to you however throwing money at something I know nothing about would be reckless. Money may not be an issue but having information before making a decision is how I always have money because I never spend on things that are pointless to buy. So your opinion may not be based on facts or personal experiences but it is just as valuable to me because even having a miniscule amount of knowledge is better than having none. And I appreciate your response and your time u take to give an opinion at all. It gives me a basis to go off of. And I appreciate it.
My experience is based on facts and personal experience. I've worked on this chassis specifically (N14, N15, C11, N17, E12, N18, C12) for over 10 years.

I'm just used to this information being discarded by 95% of forum users, so my apologies if I come off as blunt. Most people don't want the truth or a solid answer, just attention or to have their false information affirmed by someone else, rather than having to accept that the truth is often difficult.

I appreciate your response, and I fully understand your situation. It is better to know everything will fit before making such a decision.

Sent from my Samsung S10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
My experience is based on facts and personal experience. I've worked on this chassis specifically (N14, N15, C11, N17, E12, N18, C12) for over 10 years.

I'm just used to this information being discarded by 95% of forum users, so my apologies if I come off as blunt. Most people don't want the truth or a solid answer, just attention or to have their false information affirmed by someone else, rather than having to accept that the truth is often difficult.

I appreciate your response, and I fully understand your situation. It is better to know everything will fit before making such a decision.

No worries I definitely understand the situation many people don't want real information now a days just someone to feed there delusional ideology. I however want all information regarding anything that would affect my life or my wallet lol. Now in light of that situation. Considering the body types of the Almera and the Versa 2020s are both basically identical would it be a good assumption that these body kits would be close to or exactly a perfect match? If not do u know of or have any information of where I could find unique quality Body kits or modifications for a 2020 Nissan Versa SR?

·
Registered
21 Posts
No worries I definitely understand the situation many people don't want real information now a days just someone to feed there delusional ideology. I however want all information regarding anything that would affect my life or my wallet lol. Now in light of that situation. Considering the body types of the Almera and the Versa 2020s are both basically identical would it be a good assumption that these body kits would be close to or exactly a perfect match? If not do u know of or have any information of where I could find unique quality Body kits or modifications for a 2020 Nissan Versa SR?
The N18 body is mostly identical between the USDM Versa 3rd gen and THDM/Malaysia 4th gen Almera. The caveat is as I mentioned, the clips for the bumpers on models from different markets usually never align correctly, and the panels themselves may be slightly larger/smaller altogether. This was a big issue with the C11 Tiida body kits once they first came out. The Impul grille and other parts wouldn't fit alongside USDM panels without excessive gap or the need for custom brackets.

This is just something you should keep in mind. Given their identical styling, it's more than likely that these body kits will fit spacially. However, it's likely you'll run into panel gap issues or misaligned clip locations. If this happens, it's best to be prepared to have to make it all work somehow. Especially with the work that would be required to get a kit stateside.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The N18 body is mostly identical between the USDM Versa 3rd gen and THDM/Malaysia 4th gen Almera. The caveat is as I mentioned, the clips for the bumpers on models from different markets usually never align correctly, and the panels themselves may be slightly larger/smaller altogether. This was a big issue with the C11 Tiida body kits once they first came out. The Impul grille and other parts wouldn't fit alongside USDM panels without excessive gap or the need for custom brackets.

This is just something you should keep in mind. Given their identical styling, it's more than likely that these body kits will fit spacially. However, it's likely you'll run into panel gap issues or misaligned clip locations. If this happens, it's best to be prepared to have to make it all work somehow. Especially with the work that would be required to get a kit stateside.

I really appreciate the input. And of course I will find the best possible shop stateside in my state to do body work and fit the parts. But then again if I'm going there it would stand to reason to just have them fabricate the modifications themselves. I am still of course looking around and trying to find the best possible options. In your opinion would it be more sensible to buy the modifications and spend some time and money to properly fit them if there is excessive gaps or misplaced brackets? Or to just have a reputable shop fabricate something from scratch to custom fit the pieces? I know personally almost all shops refuse to use parts obtained from anyone other than them because of liability issues if something breaks. What would your suggestion be in this matter?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That company sells 2 different body kits, one aftermarket hood, and one aftermarket front bumper. The 2 body kits are mounted directly over your existing body panels using adhesives. No drilling or brackets required unless you want to. It would be safe to assume those 2 kits are perfect/near-perfect fit but you'd be taking a small gamble with the aftermarket hood and front bumper. Just a small gamble though... you could always drill and install proper mounting after receiving the parts. It's not that difficult and it's better to drill the aftermarket parts so you don't void your warranty lol

·
Registered
773 Posts
Do not forget that the USDM has the 5mph bumper requirement the rest of the world doesn't have.
That could have a significant affect on fitment of body parts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do not forget that the USDM has the 5mph bumper requirement the rest of the world doesn't have.
That could have a significant affect on fitment of body parts.
I think that's a part of the frame. I don't think it's attached to the bumper at all. I could be wrong but 2/3 of those kits are just adhesive mounted over the existing bumpers anyways. It shouldn't be a major issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's still curious though. As it's an adhesive and not a replacement that calls into question the actual stability of these parts moving at higher speeds or even in bad weather. Spending that much money on something that isn't permanent is definitely more than a gamble it's a pretty idiotic purchase on my part. I thought they would be actual parts to swap out. Since I'm able to do any and all body modifications I want on my vehicle without voiding the warranty it's a bit unnerving to know these parts aren't a permanent fixture that could possibly either fall off or even damage the existing paint if they do for any reason come off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It says they use 3M adhesive, which can be quite strong when used correctly. It's a permanent part as long as you don't remove it or get in a wreck. Also it's way easier to install an adhesive than it is to install a full bumper. If you want a full bumper the top 2 pictures are an actual bumper I believe. The other kits are adhesive.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts