Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, so I bought my 2020 Versa around September of last year at 5k miles. Everything has been amazing until I hit around 14-15k miles. Every time I upshifted, once I would let off the clutch it would shift hard and when coming to a stop, the RPM's would very slowly go up and down from 1k to 500 RPM's repeatedly. I would refer to it as a hiccup because after driving it for a while or driving it from work all the way home and then the next day it was just gone. This was the first occasion. The second occasion it happened maybe a month or two after on the way to work. I am a technician so the only thing I could find or think of was to clean the throttle body with some throttle body cleaner, which my coworker who used to work for Nissan recommended as well but also told me that Nissans have problems with throttle bodies. Anyways here I am today I drove my car to work today no problem, I clock out for lunch, start my car. BOOM! My car hiccupped again and now I am like okay... the throttle body cleaner didn't work... could my clutch possibly be going out? Do I need a new throttle body? Like I stated before its a 2020 Versa and I just hit 20k miles today. It's still covered under warranty and I have connections with the Nissan dealer next to my dealer but if they can't duplicate the concern then of course they can't do anything about it. After they look at I'm going to take it to CarMax because that's where I bought it. I also have connections with that CarMax as well because of one of my coworkers and he said he'd most likely be able to get me into another car if they can't figure out the problem... ANY suggestions at all please let me know. Obviously I want to go the warranty route first but if worst comes to worst then I'll start tearing apart the tranny and find out for myself.

·
Registered
100 Posts
True, but what’s the point if it comes and goes… so I literally have to just wait until it happens again maybe it’ll happen in another month from now and then I’d just have to drive it there for them to drive it on the spot and see what it’s doing.
The point is that if you take it in multiple times for the same issue and Nissan can't fix it, then the lemon law kicks in and Nissan has to replace the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts