Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why my daytime running lights don’t come on at all despite having them? Took it to the dealership I bought it at and they told me that I would have to physically turn the knob but that’s the parking lights. The owners manual says that the car has them but mine are never on

·
Registered
449 Posts
Anyone know why my daytime running lights don’t come on at all despite having them? Took it to the dealership I bought it at and they told me that I would have to physically turn the knob but that’s the parking lights. The owners manual says that the car has them but mine are never on
I think your dealership folks were bored at the time and were playing a practical joke.
Now, does he window sticker that came with your car have the DRL listed?
On the other hand, the first thing I did to my Saturn was to disable the DRL...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think your dealership folks were bored at the time and were playing a practical joke.
Now, does he window sticker that came with your car have the DRL listed?
On the other hand, the first thing I did to my Saturn was to disable the DRL...
I looked at the sticker cause I surprisingly still had it. It doesn’t say anything about the daytime running lights but I know in the brochure in the dealership it mentions it on the sr trim which is what I have. I normally wouldn’t bother with the DRL but after I found out my car was supposed to have them and they have never been on it has bugged me ever since.

·
Registered
449 Posts
If your windows sticker does not mention DRL your car most likely does not have it. Every manufactures strive to list as much "amendments" as they possible can get away with. I wonder why they do not list a steering wheel and a roof over your head.

If it still bugs you and you want to investigate things further, you can do a few things at your leisure. Stop by any Nissan dealership (or another maker for that matter) and just browse a parking lot looking at the windows stickers and what is listed there.
Another thing either call or get to Nissan website and see if you can provide your VIN and verify whether it has DRL included.
Finally, a couple vehicle with DRL I owned had a DRL indicator light on the dash. See whether you have a place for that light on your dash, and if it mentions in you owners manual.

Hopefully, you will get over it. Make it this year resolution...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the help! I will try some of these! I actually did look in the owners manual and it actually mentions DRL twice both say (if so equipped) but I figured like in the brochure for the SR trim I would have them, but possibly not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts