Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends, has anybody done a muffler delete mod to a nissan versa 2020? I would like to hear how it sounds, I have been thinking of doing the muffler delete mod on my Nissan Versa 2020.

Thank you 馃槉

Registered
2014 Nissan Versa Note
Hello friends, has anybody done a muffler delete mod to a nissan versa 2020? I would like to hear how it sounds, I have been thinking of doing the muffler delete mod on my Nissan Versa 2020.

Thank you 馃槉
All Versas, Notes or sedans, from 2014+ run on the HR16DE, meaning any Versa from 2014 on with exhaust mods is a good source of an idea. You can find plenty of diff. muffler setups on YouTube, there's a J2 engineering exhaust that is no longer made but sounded damn good, the Note has a HKS from the Nismo model which you could retrofit to the sedan, a few have straight piped it, one of my buddies just did a cat delete, and I personally have a universal muffler attached to give it a nice deep tone.

I've listened to dozens of clips so I figure I'll give you the best idea of each.
Muffler Delete (no replacement) = Loud, raspy. If you have the CVT the droning at 5500 RPM is going to annoy you. Has a nice idle but doesn't fully accentuate it. I never heard any form of pop or burble from any clips or even when I ran a muffler delete myself.
Muffler Replacement (varies per car, to each their own) = Still relatively loud, gets rid of much of the raspiness, gives the idle a very nice deep growl. The sound is very diff. depending on which one you do: the HKS is a much more subtle sounding exhaust, while running a universal muffler (like mine) allows you to make more noise. Very minimal-if any-pops, burbles, etc are found throughout muffler swaps.
Resonator Delete = Only found one clip. From the video, there doesn't seem to be much of a diff. besides making it a lot louder in the higher rev range. Probably allows for a lot of raspiness in person.
J2 Engineering (if you can get your hand on it) = Upgrades the piping to a 2.5" stainless steel setup from the cat back. The one clip I found sounded like it allowed room for a lot more popping and burbling (probably due to the 1" increase in pipe diameter) and had a nice deep tone to it.
Cat Delete = Only one person has done this so far (I won't link the clip because the guy who makes it is a r*pist, however the dude who installed the catless pipe is a good man.) and from the videos I can only see that it makes the car much much louder and opens up a lot more raspiness. I didn't hear any pops or burbles however he didn't rev past maybe 3k and I have no clue if he did any other exhaust mods besides the cat delete, so there may be room to work with here.

Registered
2015 Nissan Versa Note
Just read through the previous posters comments. I personally have an hks that I installed. I just got a magnaflow cat installed. I鈥檝e had my car for a year in April the 15th 2021.

I鈥檝e had the HKS legal exhaust for a few months and the magnaflow cats for at least 70 miles as of right now. I got to the point where when the a/c cycles I鈥檓 like, what!? And I lower my window. (Could that be me) I ask.

I am still thinking about removing the mid muffler which goes the length of the cabin from the cats to the 鈥渃at back鈥 aka the muffler.

I instantly heard a rumble from the Japanese imported hks and then heard a warm start after the americana magnaflow catalytic converter but no extra rumble or interior drone.

Registered
2015 Nissan Versa Note
Oh and good luck finding anything in the 鈥20+ in 鈥榤irrors btw. I know the notes, like mine are bing made making the note Nismo s e-power 2021 even tho notes went outta production in 鈥19 here.
Notes v1鈥檚 had headers and full exhaust made. Mines a v2 note and whell you just stated it鈥檚 a sedan 2020+

I followed this thread to see if I can get ahold of second note gen headers or something else! LoL

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All Versas, Notes or sedans, from 2014+ run on the HR16DE, meaning any Versa from 2014 on with exhaust mods is a good source of an idea. You can find plenty of diff. muffler setups on YouTube, there's a J2 engineering exhaust that is no longer made but sounded damn good, the Note has a HKS from the Nismo model which you could retrofit to the sedan, a few have straight piped it, one of my buddies just did a cat delete, and I personally have a universal muffler attached to give it a nice deep tone.

I've listened to dozens of clips so I figure I'll give you the best idea of each.
Muffler Delete (no replacement) = Loud, raspy. If you have the CVT the droning at 5500 RPM is going to annoy you. Has a nice idle but doesn't fully accentuate it. I never heard any form of pop or burble from any clips or even when I ran a muffler delete myself.
Muffler Replacement (varies per car, to each their own) = Still relatively loud, gets rid of much of the raspiness, gives the idle a very nice deep growl. The sound is very diff. depending on which one you do: the HKS is a much more subtle sounding exhaust, while running a universal muffler (like mine) allows you to make more noise. Very minimal-if any-pops, burbles, etc are found throughout muffler swaps.
Resonator Delete = Only found one clip. From the video, there doesn't seem to be much of a diff. besides making it a lot louder in the higher rev range. Probably allows for a lot of raspiness in person.
J2 Engineering (if you can get your hand on it) = Upgrades the piping to a 2.5" stainless steel setup from the cat back. The one clip I found sounded like it allowed room for a lot more popping and burbling (probably due to the 1" increase in pipe diameter) and had a nice deep tone to it.
Cat Delete = Only one person has done this so far (I won't link the clip because the guy who makes it is a r*pist, however the dude who installed the catless pipe is a good man.) and from the videos I can only see that it makes the car much much louder and opens up a lot more raspiness. I didn't hear any pops or burbles however he didn't rev past maybe 3k and I have no clue if he did any other exhaust mods besides the cat delete, so there may be room to work with here.
Thank you for your response, you answered my question perfectly and your explanation helped me a lot to understand more about this mod.

Registered
I don't know why anybody would mod their Versa like this while they're under the 3/36 warranty. No need to risk that valuable warranty during the first three years of ownership.

Registered
2015 Nissan Versa Note
My fifteen has a magnaflow cat and an hks exhaust. Thinking about straight piping the first muffler piping, which is underneath the cabin. They currently don鈥檛 make headers for the second gen note. On the startup it rumbles.

just head over to the exhaust shop and get a straight pipe with amajor shops muffler and it should sound killer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts