Nissan Versa Forums banner

2020 Versa Radio Upgrades

11K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mdcrabbie 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm in the process of upgrading my stereo while retaining the factory head unit and functionality.
In part 1 (honestly kind of boring) I get the amp wired up to retain full factory functionality and make the install as plug and play as possible.

Part 2 consist of removing the interior panels and installing the amp behind the dash. Have some helpful diagrams for interior removal thrown in as well.

On my next day off I'll get to part 3 which will be sound deadening the doors and installing new speakers.

Hope this helps someone.

#4 ·
Thanks for the videos, made my speaker upgrade super easy. Is there any way to get a scam of the wiring diagrams you used throughout these four videos? I have searched endlessly online for one and all I have come up with is to buy the FSM at $300. I screen shot the ones you shared in the wiring video, and when I zoomed in they were really blurry. I would like to have a copy of the connector diagram you used for your amp wiring, I’m looking at putting in an aftermarket alpine to replace the factory stereo. Any help is appreciated.

#3 ·
I'm having a Stereo shop install door speakers to improve what I already have. I've watched your videos. And that got me to thinking about improving my stereo in the first place. I don't want to ditch my OEM head unit. I have no problem keeping it. What I plan on doing is the four door speakers. Keep my informed if you don't mind. And I'll do the same.

#7 ·
I know this is an old post, but thank you for posting the diagram on this video: . Very helpful! A couple of questions:

1. Is terminal #19 the backup camera? If not, do you know which one is?
2. Do you happen to have a similar diagram for a 2020 Versa SV radio? Long story short, I am trying to put an SV radio into my S, and the backup camera and steering wheel controls don't work when I plug in the SV radio.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.