Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to put a radio from a 2020/2021 Versa SV/SR (a radio with CarPlay/Android Auto capability) into a 2020 Versa S (no CarPlay/Android Auto)? I've seen a few for sale from crashed SVs/SRs for sale for a few hundred bucks, and I am curious as to whether this could be a plug and play upgrade, or if it would be a major PITA.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been tracking this from a slightly different aspect too. I have a 2017 Sentra that I want to put the Carplay/Android unit in. I'm dealing with a supplier change and different wiring harness, but for a same-model-year swap, it may be the same harness. Nissan changed radio suppliers from Panasonic to Bosch for the Carplay/Android radios on pre-2020 models, but I'm not sure if that's still the same case for the 2020s without Carplay/Android.

I have also seen where some car manufacturers built the feature into the USB port hub.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: radio from the SV fits in the S, and works perfectly fine (including CarPlay), but the backup camera doesn’t work. Will keep investigating and post and update if I figure it out.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Update: radio from the SV fits in the S, and works perfectly fine (including CarPlay), but the backup camera doesn’t work. Will keep investigating and post and update if I figure it out.
you need to pull wiring diagram for both S and SV, and check if the pins match in both models. You might have to reroute a missing pin or swap it. the diagrams will help you do that.
Or maybe they read a different voltage and that makes you lose some functionality.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you need to pull wiring diagram for both S and SV, and check if the pins match in both models. You might have to reroute a missing pin or swap it. the diagrams will help you do that.
Or maybe they read a different voltage and that makes you lose some functionality.
Thanks, makes sense. Do you know where I could find these? I did some googling and came up empty

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks, makes sense. Do you know where I could find these? I did some googling and came up empty
I'm not entirely sure because your model is very recent, but worst case scenario you can buy one at nissan-techinfo.com
I believe it's 19$ and you can download it and have a CD with links etc.
Oe you can go ask your dealership..if they are nice enough they might just print off a copy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts