Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Very nice. I didn't get that kind of deal for my 2022 Versa I ordered
Well, it was b4 the chip shortage and supply chain issues. I was just lucky with the timing.
Just for giggles, in November 2021 knowing that used cars were going for ridiculous prices, I was wondering what I could sell it for, not that I was selling it. I got these two quotes (the car has no options at all):
Carmax: $17,000
Carvana: $ 20,613

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it was b4 the chip shortage and supply chain issues. I was just lucky with the timing.
Just for giggles, in November 2021 knowing that used cars were going for ridiculous prices, I was wondering what I could sell it for, not that I was selling it. I got these two quotes (the car has no options at all):
Carmax: $17,000
Carvana: $ 20,613

Right. I'm seeing used 2021 models on Carmax , Carvana ETC for low 20000s. The dealership I bought mine from had a used 2021 S Manaul with 40k miles for $17,500.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dealers where I live have no new Versa.
I just saw this from a local dealer:
2020 Versa SR with 21409 miles:
$ 23,995*
*Price includes documentary fee but excludes taxes, tag, title, registration and finance charges where applicable
It is not a good time to be buying a vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealers where I live have no new Versa.
I just saw this from a local dealer:
2020 Versa SR with 21409 miles:
$ 23,995*
*Price includes documentary fee but excludes taxes, tag, title, registration and finance charges where applicable
It is not a good time to be buying a vehicle.

Okay , I feel a little better then. I really paid $18335 plus tax , fees and Gap coverage. For the current market that doesn't seem to bad I reckon. I've never bought a new car , I usually buy wrecked or broken cars and fix them myself but I Want to build my daily crown vic into a drag car so I needed a new daily. The car hasn't even arrived yet so that's what I'm waiting on now.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The point is, most of the time the dealership is the last place you want to buy your insurance from (or some part of insurance, like a gap coverage). Sometimes buying directly from a manufacturer (not a particular dealer) could be not a bad deal.

In your case, while you still are waiting on your car, check with your own auto insurance. The may already have gap coverage included without any additional charge. If not, ask if they provide gap coverage, and how much it would cost.

As long as you did not drive your car from the lot, it all is negotiable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts