Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i was trying to find a used set of 205/50/17 (uncommon size), when finally a car rocking 205/50/17's came in for new tires... So needless to say i got 4 free Pirelli P6 Four Seasons... For those wondering, it isn't a stretch at all... In fact i think they're the perfect size for 17's in general. The sidewall looks right (not stretched or the opposite, but just right) on them. They do add a bit of overdrive i know, so the speedo is probably off a bit, they add a bit of overall diameter from the stock size.

I always knew i was going to like the bronze Spec V rims. I think some came from factory with this color. It's one of those colors that changes quite a bit with lighting conditions. The Spec they came off of was in a front end collision, so the fronts were straightened (just a matter of grinding the bead to true them up, no real bends) and re powder coated in the same color. They're all in mint shape, no chips or anything. Picked up 4 3mm spacers and they fit perfect, just enough to clear the calipers, and a very safe amount of stud left to grab on to. They all balanced up decent, except one of the straightened ones, needed 2OZ of counterweight which is quite a bit of weight for a low pro, no worry, i just put it on the back.

Needs lowering now though to look right. Anyone got any pics of Versa's lowered on Spec V's? They're the 5 spoke 02-03 ones just to clarify. Also to clear up the misconception of ride difference, the ride quality difference is not detectable at all, but i never wanted to go to a 45 ratio tire for that reason. Any less than 50 and you're getting hard on suspension components and compromising ride quality, also making the rims easier to bend.

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's who came to mind. I was thinking just the 2"/1.7" springs, but 2" might be excessive.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I used to rock 205/50 in the front on one of my previous set ups and it looked just right, so right on with your new free tires.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Well yaaa pics pls

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
08versailles
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing