Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
oh man, they sure dont fit flush now do they o_<
wouldnt wanna buy a set and see that...yuck!

·
Registered
622 Posts
So Tiida tail lights do not fit on the USDM Versa correctly? Are there any threads on the forum that support this? More info would greatly help me, thanx.

I will have to look more into this. I was under the inpression that the Versa and Tiida 5 door headlights and tail lights would fit the same. I know the headlights are good to go, but the tail lights?
For the headlights I have, they are all made for LHD drive cars and not RHD cars like Japan and Australia.
Isnt the wiring different as well? I can't remember if PromiseLands headlights were plug and play or not... But I'd check into that as well!

I know the front end on a Tiida is a bit different so Im not sure if they would fit correctly either.

Someone needs to test this!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Looks like I might need some guinea pigs for the lights!
From what I have been researching the headlights will wire up to the USDM Versa headlight harnesses fine. Still working on final prices and approval from the forum moderator to get my own vendor forum status. I'll keep everyone in the loop.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Looks like I might need some guinea pigs for the lights!
I accept the mission! Just let me know how this needs to work and I will gladly give some feedback.

·
Registered
50 Posts
you can send me some tail lights to my home address here in Thornton Colorado and ill see if they fit..ill take the black non led tail lights...and if they do kinda stick out, i kinda like it...it gives the rear some flair

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I hate to burst everyones bubble but I'm sure he means local guinea pigs.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Since my lights were mentioned. let me clear up some of the info being thrown around in this thread...

My lights are the JDM (J = Japanese, not "Asian") Bi-Xenon Projector headlamps. They were not plug-n-play. I had to decifer the wiring diagram from the Tiida to make sure I knew how to reconfigure a different connector to work on my Versa. And then I had to reconfigure my BCM to work the highbeams correctly. Bob at Versaspeed has these lights also and his work the same as mine, as I was able to help him with the BCM deal also. Nothing shown were the projector lamps.

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market. Asian referes to a whole continent. Get out a globe, or maybe I'm showing my age. Do they still have those other than museums?

All headlamps from the Tiida and Versa have the same basic shape, so everything shown should be fine to go on the Versa. My guess is that they will be plug-n-play, but I make no guarantees. If it's not, it's easy to re-pin a connector to make it work correctly. Just remember that anything without the orange reflector violates NHTSA regulation and you could be ticketed and fined if Jhonny Law can recognize it. Outside of California I would venture you'd be fine. Mine don't have the orange reflector and I've had no problems in a year.

All Versa hatch taillights are the same as the 2006 - 2009 Tiida lights. In 2008 Japan had a limited edition option package that everyone has probably seen called Nismo S-Tune. The S-Tune had the lights that Bob at Versaspeed has on his (with the chrome trim) and those were made standard on the 2009.5 Tiida model. It requires a new rear fascia to fit properly, or they hand over the rear fascia by an inch.

The black and chrome tails are aftermarket and I've seen the black in person in Japan. I thought they looked cheap, but I am an OEM purist at heart. I don't know anything about the LED ones, but they may fit depending on what year of Tiida they are shown on (whatever the gray one is in the picture).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
OK. I need some testers for any and all these tail lights and headlights. I will be selling testers the lights at a $25 discount from my usual price. If the tester does not like the lights, they can send the lights back for a free return no problem. I need the testers to take plenty of pictures of the lights on and off the car, this is one of the conditions. So, if you want to be a tester for any of the lights please have a digital camera.
Below are the prices for the lights w/o the tester fee discount. Please understand, shipping these lights cost well over $100 because they are shipped EMS/USPS express mail from Asia and comes with a tracking number. The only other way I can ship the lights, I prefer not to do because shipping time is 10-16 days and does not come with a tracking number.

OEM Nissan red LED tail lights $275 shipped
black or chrome LED tail lights $270 shipped
black headlights $315 shipped
chrome headlights $300 shipped
OEM Nissan HID headlights...over $1400 :eek:mg

I do of course have a bunch of positive feedback on other forums and E-bay to make your purchase easier:
http://www.sr20forum.com/itrader.php?u=11424
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=rapidcustomscarparts&ftab=AllFeedback

You can also check out more pictures of the lights here: http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/afdj006/Versa Tiida/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

PM me if you are interested in being a tester or want to buy the lights.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Lights all look good man, but the prices aren't too appealing. I understand they come from overseas but damn lol.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Ok, from reading this thread so far...

If you guys are serious about all of the aftermarket taillights and headlights, why not start a group buy? There's some serious potential buyers ATM. The JDM headlights and taillights that are NOT pNp due to the rear bumper slightly different from the Tiida, somebody that was the guinea pig to write up a quick DIY and post it on the thread.

Any takers?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts