Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,
I have owned my 2010 Versa for 3 months, Just brought it in for my "free" oil change. They told me I need to look into getting my 30k mile service done, the service adviser went on to tell me I need to change: Spark plugs, transmission fluid, O.L.F., air filters, rotate tires, lubricate, blah blah blah. They then went on to tell me if I do not do it and have transmission or some kind of problem down the road the warranty would not be valid. Oh, and they could do this all for me at the amazing Low, LOW price of $499.99. Umm, really?? all this on a car with 30,000 on it???

Thoughts please.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I had to have it done and found the car drive better for about 50 miles then felt like the same ol car lol but I got the if you want to keep your warranty do line as well.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
I'm at 21K miles at the moment and had the 15K mile service back in October of last year(2011) which was around $220. I plan on doing the 30K mile service as well. Suggestion? I understand its pricey but I'd save $$$ and get it done. I'd rather be safe than sorry. My personal opinion. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Good morning all,
I have owned my 2010 Versa for 3 months, Just brought it in for my "free" oil change. They told me I need to look into getting my 30k mile service done, the service adviser went on to tell me I need to change: Spark plugs, transmission fluid, O.L.F., air filters, rotate tires, lubricate, blah blah blah. They then went on to tell me if I do not do it and have transmission or some kind of problem down the road the warranty would not be valid. Oh, and they could do this all for me at the amazing Low, LOW price of $499.99. Umm, really?? all this on a car with 30,000 on it???

Thoughts please.
I read in the 2010 service manual that the FXE20HR11 DENSO Iridium Spark Plugs are good for 105,000 miles. Unless there is another type of plug in your Versa, you might want to ask the "service adviser". First, ask for a breakdown of the 30K service pricing and then decide if the spark plug replacement is required if they have Iridium spark plugs.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Spark plugs work until they don't AFAIK, so no reason to replace them. Everything else you can do yourself for like no money.

That line about the transmission is a load of shit, if it needs any work done to it between now and when the warranty expires then that should be covered under warranty. Check your owners manual. What kind of transmission does your car have? Also, read through the transmission warranty!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
my mechanic checked a spark plug the other day whe i got second wheel bearing replaced. spark plug good as new. 166000km.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts