Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2008 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Versa SL (stock)

I'll be at a light waiting to go and when I floor it or push the gas it won't go for about 3 or 4 seconds. I clean the MAF and it seemed ok for a week and now it's doing it again. when I floor it to go at the light when the rpms finally go up they jump fast to 5000 and actually stay there until I brake. The oil pressure light will come on and then turn off. If I am already going the lag is more uncommon and not as strong. All fluids and filters were changed a month ago except the coolant and yes I did use the correct fluids and filters. Thanks for the help.

· Registered
2008 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also have this issue randomly,. seems to be when its cold out more so and the car comes to a stop at a red light. It has stopped doing it since I started keeping the fuel tank above 50% most of the time. With that I have a feeling its a pressure problem with the fuel pump maybe? Otherwise the car doesn't produce any codes and I have tried to get the freeze frame data on the car when it happens but I haven't had it happen when I am ready for it to so I haven't had any luck in that regard.
that's all I can think of that would cause the car to lag like it does. I've had some very close calls to almost getting in an accident because I will go to turn left and there is suddenly zero power in the car and once I start moving I'm to far into the oncoming lane to stop so I have to just go and hope I make it.
This is exactly what is happening to me! I'm a courier so yes I have nearly died many times because of this! I think you are right about the fuel pressure, that's what it seems like because my electrical system is completely new. I took the car to the shop and there is a whole mess of problems. I inherited a car from my grandfather who didn't take care of it and let a malcontent abuse it as well so everything is falling apart and I'm debating on fixing it or not. Used car prices are insane right now...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts