Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Stock tires, traveled 50k miles and one rotation around 30k. What is everyone's opinions? I don't like the cracks, is it something I should be concerned with? I want to wait until December to throw on the other wheels and and tires.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got some altima wheels with snow tires going on. They are used tires but better then what's on there now. I might switch over this weekend. YAY for the TPMS light being on for the next few months!

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Sounds good, I was about to ask about the Altima wheels. Are they 15s? And I hear ya about the TPMS light, mine has been on since I got the SLs. :(

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah they are 15" 5 stars from an altima SE. Just hope they clear the front caliper. Guy I know tried 15" infiniti g20 wheels and they didn't clear. The offset is different on the alt wheels though. Praying it's enough.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have stretched the tires to 77k miles. There is no way they will see any snow action though. They are done. The front has about 2-3/32 and the rear about 3-4/32. The cracks haven't really gotten any worse. But there is a foreign object in my tire that is causing a really slow leak.

Seems the two tires that are good on the wheels are discontinued. So I am going to grab two yokohama's from a local tire rack warehouse that I just found out existed. I will test fit the 195/65/15 on the front of the car this week. I would have done it last weekend but I was busy painting the wheels :).

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Glad to see progress man. I saw those on a G20 at work the other day but I was working so I couldn't take a pic, looked good though...gold G20 with somewhat polished Altima alloys. What color did you paint them?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used rustoleum engine enamel. I think the color is called "aluminum" or something like that. It's a shade between a stock silver and a gunmetal kinda color.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Sounds good. I've thought about painting my SL Alloys a similar color but I don't know yet. I'd like some 240, G20, or Altima alloys to play with. When are you getting the new tires?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right before winter unless this one blows out. Then it would be whenever that happens :). I'm really stretching these.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Yeah. I only had my 14s for like 5 months so it would nice to see how long they last. Be careful though, 1st blow out I had nearly caused me to loose control.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts