Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for opinions on excellent oil and specific gravity for use in Titan with cams. Any help is appreciated! I thought about the 5-40, constantly moving from a regular racer to a racing truck. A friend recommended oil like this . But I still cannot decide. I just want to protect this engine as best I can. thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
Having driven several cars anywhere from 200-500K miles without an engine failure of any kind I think you'll be fine with any major brand/weight oil. I still use 10w40 conventional that I bought in the '90's and '00's in all my vehicles. Two of my current cars have over 200K miles and use maybe 1/2 quart in 3K miles. I started using 10w40 when I bought my first car back in the '70's and still use it year around today. I live by the old saying if it isn't broke don't fix it. I figure if I can get up to 500K miles out of an engine without a rebuild I have no lubrication problems. Shell Rotella from what I hear is very good oil. If you're in a warmer climate I personally would go with a 10w40 or 15w40. I live in an area where we sometimes see temperatures in the negative single digits F and don't worry at all about using 10w40.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quick question: your thread is titled 6.7 Powerstroke, but in the post you're asking about a Titan, which would've come with a 5.0 Cummins V8, so which engine are we dealing with?

Further adding to the confusion, Cummins also has a 6.7L inline-6 in the Ram trucks also not to be confused with a Powerstroke 6.7L V8.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts