Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I have been looking for some time now for the rubber gasket that goes on the fill plug of the manual transmission on our versas. I ordered from Nissan and explained the part, but they sent me copper crush washers. I am not sure how this will work as the fill plug for the manual trans option is a plastic fill plug with a rubber washer. I am looking for a part number from Nissan or Renault that will work as the TL4 transmission is the same across the two manufacturers. Let me know if you guys have the part number or something you used as a replacement. Not finding good options in the local auto parts either from a generic set. Thanks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I don't know exactly what you're looking for since my Versa has a CVT and uses the crush washer but, if you know the size/thickness you could probably find something either at a local hardware or business that specializes in rubber/gasket materials. Just use a good rubber gasket material that isn't effected by oil such as Buna N or Viton. Viton is probably your best option. Some of the other cheaper types of rubber might break down and a leak if used. I'm lucky in that the smaller town I live in has a business that specializes in sheet rubber products/o rings/gaskets. I've picked up a few things there that I couldn't find anywhere else. I have an oil heater that needed a gasket back in the winter and the only way I could get one was to order it and wait on it to come in at a cost of about $15. I went there and bought a piece of Viton gasket material that was big enough to make about 10-15 gaskets, they charged me $1 for the sheet material about 6" square. Repair is as simple as tracing the old gasket and cutting it out with scissors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts