Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I'm really sorry if any of this is in the wrong place or if it's not ok to lump all the questions together like this.

Number one, my airbag light has been flashing for a while. I used the trick where you turn the car off and on and wait for however many seconds it is, that fix that's all over the internet - it used to work, but now it doesn't anymore. I know that the dealer will charge $100 just to see what's going on, never mind fix whatever's causing it. I guess just call our mechanic and ask him if that's something he can diagnose and fix? I haven't tried that fix again for a few months - should I try it again?

Number two, my tire pressure light is constantly on. When you first turn the car on, it blinks a few times, and then stays on. We went to a different tire place when we bought two new tires in November, and they rotated the tires and everything. It's been on since then. Again, I don't want to take this to the dealer, and I suppose again I just have to ask the mechanic if he can get that light turned off? or should we take it back to the tire place? It sucks because now I have no way of knowing if my tires actually DO need air. Putting air in the tires doesn't make the light shut off like it used to.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
377 Posts
If the car is under warranty they shouldn't charge you anything?

Check the tire pressure on the tires! Tire pressure gauges are cheeaaaaaap.

Midas will pull check engine codes for free, as will other places, don't know about airbag light. Go look through the manual or service manuals to see what airbag light means. This is the instrument panel airbag light not the pass airbag light on the console? Maybe try replacing the fuse for the airbag (drivers side fuse box, not hood.) Just take out one from something else (non critical) in the same amperage and try it out.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
What year is the car? 1st gen air bag tends to go off after installing aftermarket headunits.

Im not sure about taking the car to the stealership because of the $100 they charge to look at it. It would be great if it was something that could be covered under warranty so you'd only have to pay $100 but if its not covered under warranty you have to pay $100 plus whatever they say is wrong or broken.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
to get rid of the airbag light, try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, then connect it again

tpms sensor, some nissan dealers do not charge to check the tpms sensor even if you don't have warranty, you just have to call first and make sure they don't charge.
I know because a local nissan dealer where I live does not charge to check the tpms light, I need to take mine there but I haven't had the time to take it

·
Registered
446 Posts
Batteries are dead on your sensors for the tires. I paid about 70 bucks apaeice for new ones for my quest from Discount Tire
Ouch, I've got a few sensors laying around the house. I'll let them got for much less than that if you need them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts