Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I turn the car on, the A/C is automatically on.

Is there some way to disable this feature?? I looked through the owner's manual, but couldn't find anything about it.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Everytime I turn the car on, the A/C is automatically on.

Is there some way to disable this feature?? I looked through the owner's manual, but couldn't find anything about it.
It depends on what setting you have your heat/cold set to. If it's set to the defrost setting the AC will automatically be on.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Yup, always on. I just turn it off as necessary.
I leave it on during damp weather anyway, even when i require heat/defrost.
I find fuel economy penalty is negligible...have about 1 mpg improvement since autumn started and AC on much less.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Ashley is absolutely correct. And just so everyone knows if you have it on defrost and you push the AC button for the light to go off the compressor still runs. Then if you switch it off of defrost the AC button will re illuminate letting you know your compressor is still running.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Aha, this is why my AC light always on. I never use feet only setting.
I always keep fresh air moving across windows, and turn off AC when not humid ie. won't need it for drier day today.
Needed it last night tho...few flurries when i left work from aft shift!

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Aha, this is why my AC light always on. I never use feet only setting.
I always keep fresh air moving across windows, and turn off AC when not humid ie. won't need it for drier day today.
Needed it last night tho...few flurries when i left work from aft shift!
Flurries already? Where were u? No flurries here in Hamilton yet, although they are calling for them this weekend.

I always keep it on the feet setting; keep me nice and toasty warm. I only switch if I have to defrost the windows, but so far she hasn't seen any frost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,469 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
No frost! I'm way further south in Connecticut and we had several days of frost already. Ironically it has gotten warmer since though. I give up on trying to understand weather or the times of the year it's "suppose" to be cold or hot. It's all over the place now. Almost December and it will probably be in the 60's today.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
We've had frost for several weeks now, but almost gone by the time i put the kids on the bus. Need snow! Tires are mellllllllllting!!!:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I want snow tires but I'm afraid I drive too much. I think I might start a thread on it :)

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
+1 starting new thread.
Because i drive so much, i need snow tires!
And 14s are dirt cheap!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
she gets the garage.
For kicks, I'm gonna post picture of my garage.
Don't mistake it for U.Ottawa transfer station...:(
Check random thread soon

·
Registered
639 Posts
Here's another one. If it's on feet only setting, why does my face get so hot?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
For kicks, I'm gonna post picture of my garage.
Don't mistake it for U.Ottawa transfer station...:(
Check random thread soon
Lol. I'm guessing you don't park in it. My dad arranges the garage so that my car can at least fit (and the snowblower). It's a tight squeeze but she fits. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
alright let me take a stab at this.....
your a/c works like a humidifier when a/c is on, in either defrost setting or feet and defrost setting. and odd. it works good. freaked me out a bit in beginning, but had my car for about 15 months. 2 winters. and we get a lot of snow. so I use mine a lot.
Hope I helped.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts