Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my A/C Compressor's bearing gave out and it's LLOOUUDD grinding and clanking!

I ordered a part of eBay and saw the new assembly has 7 ribs instead of 6. I test fit the belt and it does fit but one extra rib is visible.
Is this OK to use and won't be a hazard later? I tried looking for a 6 ribbed pulley but can't seem to find anything anywhere; without having to buy a whole new compressor.

I imagine it's perfectly fine as long as I align the belt perfectly.
Greatly appreciate y'alls input!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. Just make sure it aligns up and you align up the belt too before tightening it up.
So I installed everything... But the clutch keeps rubbing on the pulley! when not tight, it's fine. But once I tighten the hex key bolt, the pulley doesn't turn freely. I've got the original 2 spacers that were in the old clutch, one was SUPER thin and the other thick. And the 2 new spacers which, when put together, match the size of the original thick spacer. Should I go out and get more spacers? What could I use as spacers if I find none?

Help help! I've been eaten my mosquitoes and a bit worried about this new clutch assembly.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Your new pulley is deeper and you needed to buy the faceplate that matches it. With a longer stand in the center. You will need a whopping amount of washer to make your original part longer there and then the bolt will be too short to strip out once you tighten it, you'll need a longer bolt likely too.

When done you are supposed to have .015"-.030" airgap in there to allow the plate to not touch but be close enough the magnet easily pulls it shut to lock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts