Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Thanks for reading my question.

Since I've had my 2011 Nissan Versa Sedan, the fan has worked normal and efficient.
However, for the past few months I've noticed erratic behavior when I turn on the A/C.
Whether it's hot or cold outside, when I turn my A/C the fan kicks in within seconds after starting the Versa(not warmed up).
It does eventually turn off for a few seconds and comes back on. Less often, it would kick off and when it comes back on it turns on for about 1-2 second and goes back off, then turns back on in it's typical cycle. I understand it's a single fan for cooling the engine and compressor.

It strikes me as very odd that the fan would kick in just after starting the Versa and hasn't warmed up at all.
I'm really not sure where to start and look into.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
I havent paid attention to mines, but I had a scion xb that did that. I assumed it was like a self test that it spin up the cooling fans at key on to make sure theywere going to work or werent shirted or unplugged.

·
Registered
199 Posts
That is normal whenever the A/C is on, irregardless of ambient or engine temps.
The fan is cooling the freon from gas form to liquid in the condenser.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is normal whenever the A/C is on, irregardless of ambient or engine temps.
The fan is cooling the freon from gas form to liquid in the condenser.
Thanks for the response. I know it's cooling the gasses. But I could almost swear it never did this before and it's behavior is a bit odd. I thought it would kick in if it reached a certain temperature where it needs to cool down. Kinda like if I had the A/C off, the fan wouldn't kick in unless the engine needed cooling down. Which I've tested that and it works just as it should. It's only when I turn on the A/C it behaves oddly.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I thought it would kick in if it reached a certain temperature where it needs to cool down. Kinda like if I had the A/C off, the fan wouldn't kick in unless the engine needed cooling down.
As soon as AC is on, the fan kicks in - on most vehicles. Actually it is used to validate that the fan is in working condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts