Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my previous cars, including an older Nissan Versa, the A/C would be either on or off when you start the car, depending on whether the A/C was on or off when the car was previous shut off.

On my 16 Note, the A/C is ALWAYS off when the car starts, even though it was was on when I shut off the car.

Is there a way to make the A/C turn on when the car starts if it was on when the car was shut off?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yes, you reach over and press the switch to 'on'......................

Later model software often defaults to off now, having a/c on already can fault the car's starting and immediate idle quality in the first few seconds; that turns a lot of buyers off.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Mines in my 16 is hit or miss. Sometimes it seems to remember, other times its not on unless I have it on the defrost setting. Same when I turn it off and on while driving. Sometimes the orange lamp comes on to indicate ac is on, other times I got to press it again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, you reach over and press the switch to 'on'......................

Later model software often defaults to off now, having a/c on already can fault the car's starting and immediate idle quality in the first few seconds; that turns a lot of buyers off.
Really? Having the a/c auto start with the car can fault the starting and cause bad idle quality? LOL, you are funny.

·
Registered
255 Posts
When the key in the ignition is moved from "Run" in the "Start" position, all accessories are cut off and all power is applied only to the starter motor. It is done to prevent accessories to be a drag. So it does not matter to the engine and the starter what accessories are on before starting routine.

After the engine is on and ignition key is back in the "Run" position, all previously powered accessories are on, and sometimes could be a sizable load on the engine. But contemporary computerized EFI engines can easily handle it, and adjust idle as necessary.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
True dat. Some cars and trucks have a delay in the charging system before the alternator engages on top of that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing