Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I press the knob on #1 and #2 the air blows out but as soon as I let it go it stops. I have to turn the knob to #3 or #4 so the air will stay on. Do I need to replace the knob? What could be wrong? My air works and blows cold air it just doesn’t stay blowing on the lower settings. Please help.

·
Registered
678 Posts
When I press the knob on #1 and #2 the air blows out but as soon as I let it go it stops. I have to turn the knob to #3 or #4 so the air will stay on. Do I need to replace the knob? What could be wrong? My air works and blows cold air it just doesn’t stay blowing on the lower settings. Please help.

Same thing happened to my 2009 Vera sedan, only my switch will only go to number 1,2, and no further. It is one pain of a job, and you have to remove half the dash to fix it. You cannot just change out the fan control switch alone, it required that an entire module. They are not that expensive on Ebay, used, but one hell of a pain to install. I can live without have 3,4 on my fan control...........

https://www.ebay.com/b/A-C-Heater-Controls-for-Nissan-Versa/33545/bn_1461609

[ame="<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_output -->
<div style="display: none;" id="ame_noshow_post_1567608646_2">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</div>
<div style="display: inline;" id="ame_doshow_post_1567608646_2">
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
<div align="center">
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="425" style="width:100% !important;margin:10px 0px">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="panelsurround" align="center">
<iframe width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gNSuMsXiKmg?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table></div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
</div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_output -->"]FAN [shuts off] BLOWER motor resistor Replacement Nissan Versa√ fix it angel - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
976 Posts
Likely not the button, rather the entire control, they merge several functions now to turn a $10 in the '70s switch into $450 parts nowadays. All the OEMs are now about getting the highest prices they can now at parts counter individual parts sales. I can't wait to have to buy a complete engine in order to get a set of spark plugs in the future.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ugh.. From what's shared above, looks like the fan speed control knob is molded right into that whole control bezel. What a wonderful idea.

It does look like you could potentially get it apart if you wanted to fiddle with it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You can get the fan switch itself out, but it is harder than pulling the dash to replace everything.

You CAN use snap ring pliers to pull the plastic cable sheath from the locking tabs on the back of the controls without breaking the locking tabs. Use the angled tips.
Fiddling around with cable Z bends is alot easier than pulling a dash apart!

·
Registered
976 Posts
You simply have to remember that nobody on the planet wants to need to use a tool to put something like that together now, it means hundreds in extra costs on the assembly lines, they absolutely do NOT want that, it wastes money. Almost everything on the planet snaps together now to assemble and no tools used AT ALL.

Meaning you sit back with part in your lap and a beer at hand (for you guys, I don't touch alcohol, it's Coke for me!) and look at the part very carefully to determine how it comes apart.

Many of those switch assemblies have way too much power going into them and then things heat up to crack or melt, sometimes you can rig to bring one back from the dead or once you figure out how to disassemble it you buy the much cheaper smaller part at a scrapyard. Not buying the whole thing has them even give it to you sometimes. BTDT.

I've had many switches like that apart to have pieces all over the place, my record is Ford Tempo a/c control with like a hundred parts once you get it apart. What a mess that one was! I made up a new back wall on it out of blank PCB to replace the melted one falling in pieces and pop riveted contacts back on and the quickest $200 I ever made up out of thin air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts