Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a 2013 Nissan Versa in which the a/c is out. I first tried to replace the fuses. They blew immediately. So I just replaced the resistor. And replaced the fuses to try it out again. They immediately blew. Again. So what else could it be? I plan to replace the blower motor. But what electrical problem might I look into next? Or even small problem that could be an easy fix? I noticed it releases hot air sometimes. Not always.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You have a dead short somewhere. Get the meter out and start tracking down the short before you replace anything or your just going to continue to burn things out when you connect them.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Okay so I have a 2013 Nissan Versa in which the a/c is out. I first tried to replace the fuses. They blew immediately. So I just replaced the resistor. And replaced the fuses to try it out again. They immediately blew. Again. So what else could it be? I plan to replace the blower motor. But what electrical problem might I look into next? Or even small problem that could be an easy fix? I noticed it releases hot air sometimes. Not always.
You might want to check the A/C electric clutch.................see below:

Car AC compressor clutch - Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice | Automotive Repair Tips and How-To

·
Registered
213 Posts
Is it the A/C or the blower? They are 2 different things, and have somewhat different diagnostics.

Were you working on the car prior to this happening? If so, what was it?
It does sound like a pinched or cut wire, and trying to narrow down a bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine isn’t either. I have a 2013 Nissan Versa. And currently I am looking for where my blower motor is located. I already checked under my hood. And removed the glove compartment. So I assume it’s under the driver side of the dashboard. Does anyone have pictures they can send if y’all know?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts