Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Versa Forum reader... This is my first post... Inquiring about my friend's Nissan Versa 2015 SV sedan... I replaced the engine compartment cooling fan for the radiator and the AC... I'm in the process of putting in a new condenser, too...and I was wondering how the A/C fan is activated... Should it spin when the in-cabin A/C button is pressed (it does not at this time- I have not yet charged the system with refrigerant, though)... OR does it turn on only when the A/C clutch engages...
Thankyou...
Don

·
Registered
305 Posts
On our 2015 Versa 1.6s sedan, the fan only kicks on when the a/c compressor is called for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou, PoMan...
On my friend's 2015 Versa SV sedan, the electric fan eventually DID start spinning as I added the R-134a refrigerant and AFTER the pressure rose to around 25 psi and above... Full charge is around 45 psi...
SO, it looks like the cooling fan activation switching is somehow tied in with the AC compressor clutch engagement... Now I know... The A/C is blowing at 33°F at the center dash vents... We are SATISFIED with that...😌

BTW, I was concerned that my brand new replacement condenser had a leak somewhere so I bought some rubber stoppers at the hardware store and plugged the inlet and outlet holes and blew about 20 lbs of
compressed air into the hole at the top of the attached drier... while the condenser was submerged underwater in my bathtub... Fortunately, there were NO bubbles...
Anyway, hope this helps someone...
APPRECIATE THIS FORUM...
Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts