Nissan Versa Forums banner

ABS Light Problem

10K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  meow_mix450 
#1 ·
I'm stuck and need some advice with my current situation. I purchased a wheel bearing that was non-ABS but my car has ABS. Never thought this would be a problem since they seemed identical. When I replaced the wheel bearing I broke the ABS sensor which was immediately changed.

The ABS light is still on even after I pulled the negative terminal from the battery; tried once for 5 minutes and another for 30 minutes with no luck. I borrowed a diagnostic tool to see if it could pin point the problem by giving me a code but the Autel GS400 couldn't find anything! So I'm at a lost...

Here's a list of factors that I'm guessing may cause the light to be on
- New ABS harness is defective (This should show up on the diagnostic if true).
- Using a wheel bearing that's not ABS (Can someone from parts tell me if there's a different?)
- Diagnostic tool is defective
- Car alignment?

Discussion starter · #2 ·
I think I may have solved my own problem. It appears that the wheel hub has what is called a sensor rotor. Instead of using tone ring for the ABS to measure the velocity of the wheel it uses a sensor rotor. I assume that the wheel bearing I have purchased does not have a sensor rotor which means the ABS is not reading any pulse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.