Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I noticed my ABS light on my dashboard. Today I have no brake lights at all. My dad put a new stoplight I believe is what’s it’s called in. It worked for a few minutes. Now I have no brake lights again. He did some sort of scan and a yaw sensor code showed. Is there something else that could make this show? I can’t afford $600 for this part and the car honestly isn’t even worth putting that into, but I can’t afford another either so I’m kinda sol either way lol Is there anything else that can be checked? The light came off and on today. If I’d known I had no brake lights it would have been parked all day.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sounds like you have a couple of different issues rolled together.
First, with the ABS light, the yaw sensor can set an ABS fault code.
The brake lights themselves are a different animal. Most common problem with them is the sockets, but could be the brake light swich as well.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I can’t afford $600 for this part and the car honestly isn’t even worth putting that into...
This is a mistake many people do: compare cost of repairs with a value of the car. So if your old high mileage but still working car worth, let's say, 5 bucks, you won't replace windshield wipers or a tail light?

A better approach is to compare cost of repairs with potential cost of replacing your vehicle. Unless, as suggested above, you are looking to take public transportation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.