Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received a letter from Nissan Canada. It states the following:

Dear Nissan Owner:

Nissan is committed to providing the highest levels of product quality and customer satisfaction. We believe that our current and future success depends on your continued satisfaction with Nissan. With that in mind, we want to bring to your attention important information regarding your Nissan Versa.

Reason for Service Campaign

On some 2007 and 2008 Versa vehicles, a mixture of snow/water and salt can enter into the rear Antilock Braking System (ABS) wiring harness, and may over time, cause corrosion of the wires. This may cause the ABS system to stop operating and illuminate the ABS warning lamp. However, the brakes on your vehicle will still operate and meet applicable safety standards.

What Nissan Will Do

To assure your continued satisfaction and confidence in your Nissan vehicle, your Nissan dealer will replace the rear ABS harness with a new harness free of charge for parts and labour.

What you should do

Contact your Nissan dealer at your earliest convenience in order to arrange an appointment. This service, free for parts and labour, could take approximately one hour to complete, but your Nissan dealer may require your vehicle for a longer period of time based upon the workshop schedule. To ensure the least inconveinence for you, it is important that you have an appointment before bringing your vehicle to the Nissan dealer for service. Please bring this notice with you when you keep your service appointment. Instructions have been sent to your Nissan dealer.

It goes on also to discuss if you have already had it fixed and what you should do, with a phone number to contact.

I will be calling the dealership before work, or tomorrow to schedule an appointment. I might as well get the new part installed for free :D

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I called my dealership. I have an apt for next Tuesday (my only day off). So I'm just dropping the car off at 7:45 am and having the shuttle take me home. The man said the part normally costs $500-600 to replace. However, it will be replaced (parts and labour) for free :D

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Can you find out the defective part number please? I want to see if I have it in my car.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you find out the defective part number please? I want to see if I have it in my car.
I'll check out my receipt on Tuesday what the number is.

The man at my dealership seemed to already know about it which was good. And I made him confirm twice that it was free, lol. I'll let you know what my receipt says on Tuesday though.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She's at the dealer for the day :( The man drove her into the shop as the shuttle was taking me home.

I checked out the cars while I was there. No Cubes on the lot, lots of Versa's and Sentra's. They had a 2010 SL HB in Magnetic Grey with a few goodies such as built in navigation and the technology package (XM radio, handsfree calling) for $19,133 (before taxes). It had the dark wood interior pieces, and a different fabric for the seats, and this one came with a cargo cover.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealer just called that she is ready for pick up. I'll post up the info from her receipt for people who want to know what was changed. I'm surprised that american versa owners did not receive the same notice. I guess our cars are not the exact same? Weird.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
The dealer just called that she is ready for pick up. I'll post up the info from her receipt for people who want to know what was changed. I'm surprised that american versa owners did not receive the same notice. I guess our cars are not the exact same? Weird.
It may have to do with climate. If anyone gets it in the US it will be the rust states in the US.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the receipt says:

Versa Rear ABS Harness - Replace Rear Wheel ABS Body Harness

Cause: ZZ
PM9590 P106-PM959-2007-2008 Versa Rear ABS
Harness-Replace Rear Wheel ABS Body Harness
85 R, ROB Lic#S
WPCM
1 24009-ZW404 Harness Kit

I don't know if this helps you Rob, but that's what the receipt says.

I just picked her up.

Any idea if they have to move the rear seats to do this?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
thanks for the info! Actually it doesn't help though. The part number there seems to be a new part number made up just for this recall. I was hoping it would say something like "replaces part number xxxx-xxxx". That way I can see if my car had the affected part.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh ... I'm sorry. I don't see anything on the receipt that says that.
I did see quite a few Versa's in the back when I picked mine up, so maybe a few others were getting it done. I guess this confirms that I do have ABS.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I checked and i do have ABS.
Haven't told Nissan Canada yet that i am the new owner, so i will do that soon!
Probably use Parkway Nissan on Centennial.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I checked and i do have ABS.
Haven't told Nissan Canada yet that i am the new owner, so i will do that soon!
Probably use Parkway Nissan on Centennial.
Yes go get it fixed. You don't want any issues in the winter!

I might use Parkway Nissan in the winter for an oil change, only $26 there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.