Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Nephew just bought a 2007 Versa and being the family car guy, I've been tasked with going over it and finding out what needs fixing. Almost immediately, I discovered what I thought was an AC problem, pressing the button wouldn't turn it on, and the button wouldn't illuminate. After screwing around with it for a while I discovered that if I held the button down for approx. 2 seconds it would turn on and same thing to turn it off. I own a 2008 Versa and the switch in that car is instantaneous, Just wondering if this is normal for 2007? Did something change between model years 2007 and 2008?
BTW I did try doing the reset procedure found in another post but it had no effect on the delayed response.

·
Registered
63 Posts
AC button slow8 to react 07 Versa

I have a 2007 SL. The ac button is instant on. Is the ac turn on instantly when you select defrost? If yes, it is definitely the button issue.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Really don't mean to be a wise guy....but....does the AC work? If it does work I think I would just leave it alone.

Note: My 16 Note SV does come on instantly.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Really don't mean to be a wise guy....but....does the AC work? If it does work I think I would just leave it alone.

Note: My 16 Note SV does come on instantly.
If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it is the golden rule. Two seconds aint a big deal.

·
Registered
978 Posts
If the actual switch behind the button is the carbonized rubber type then the slow is simply due to the rubber wearing the carbon layer off to not switch on as fast.

That switch type has a definite lifespan and so many car controls use them now as they need no copper and dead cheap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies guys. I have no plan to fix what isn't broken, I was just curious more than anything. I guess it's safe to assume that the switch is wearing out and the slow reaction is the tell tale sign.
This brings up another thought; Since there are 2 ways to turn the AC on (the main switch and selecting defrost) if the main switch fails will the ac still turn on when defrost is selected? If so, it seems like a logical work around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts