Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive an '08 SL with the CVT. The car has a little under 60,000 miles, but is 3 months over the 5 year mark so no powertrain warranty. The CVT warranty is still good to 120,000 of course. I just noticed the problem for the first time yesterday, but it could have been going on for awhile.

If I come to a complete stop and step on it even a little bit, the car speeds up briefly but then lags at between 5 and 10 MPH for a good 10 or 15 seconds. The engine RPMs increase, but the speed stays the same. If I shift briefly to neutral and back, it will accelerate normally. When I accelerate very gently from a complete stop, the car behaves as normal. Once it is in motion, acceleration is also normal.

I'm thinking (hoping) it's a tranny issue and will be talking to the dealer tomorrow. I really don't have the budget for car repairs at the moment. It is drivable, but I don't trust it for situations that require speedy acceleration from a stop, like making a left turn across traffic.

It has not had the 60,000 mile service, but I usually take it to the dealer for oil changes. They are supposed to do a fluid check as part of the service and they haven not notified me of any issues with the transmission fluid. Forewarned is forearmed, so I thought I would ask if anyone else has experienced this issue and what kind of experience they had with their dealer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.