Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.subcompactculture.com/2009/07/june-2009-subcompact-sales.html

How can versa have a 30+ % drop while accent has a 17% gain? Are consumers that dumb or is Hyundai that smart. My feeling is if Nissan gets aggressive with Versa upgrades, the sales would increase, believe it. For example, A Versa se-r, nismo turbo V, etc. I think Nissan put all their eggs in the Cube and forgot the V. Such a mistake Nissan. Your bread and butter car is the Altima, The sentra styling is yuck but a good car, And the mighty V could be a hot ticket with the upgrades. If there was a Turbo nismo V available out there, I can promise you the V sales would skyrocket. The price of a WRX is around 30 grand. I bet a turbo V would be way under that and would be an attention getter more than the WRX. Just my .02 don't get mad. Ciao.

·
Registered
452 Posts
because theyre all older people usually its werid to me im the only young guy ive ever seen driving a versa

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Also another thing, I noticed there's no Mitsubishi Colt or Mazda 2 on the sales. I know its for US sales but are those two companies ever planning to release their sub compacts in the state side? I don't like the Ford Fiesta either. Seems like Mitsubishi is lacking in a selection of vehicles, they have no Vans or subcompact cars in the states.

·
Registered
927 Posts
because main target for the versa right now is the elderly :p its usually like that first year the young people then 2-3 year the elderly because the young people that wanted it already bought the car... 4 or 5th year they will release upgraded versa that will attract attention of the young people again :p its normal so im guessing 2011 we will see the 220hp versa :p or they will release a tuned ecu for us to buy :p

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
what all comes down to is Marketing... when was the last time you seen a Versa commercial? my point exactly....
I totally agree here. Also want to add the incentives hyundai offers can't be touched. I mean the warranty on an accent is like triple that of a Versa. And thy were also doing the "if you lose your job" promo. Hell that almost got me into a hyundai. Times are tough and hyundai seems to care. Or at least know how to capitalize off of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.