Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had data on the actual MPG on 2012 versa sedan with manual trans? I know every driver is different but I am curious if people are getting pleasantly surprised?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
There is a mpg thread which includes 1.6 cars. Though not all would be 2012's. All mags have reported better then expected observed mpg's. Actually even better then the hyundai rival which claims 40mpg highway. I have the older supposedly less fuel efficient 1.6 (both are hr16de) and in 83k miles I have never gotten less then 33mpg. Also my car weighs over 100lbs more. I'm usually around 38 with plenty of tanks in the 40's. My best have been 46mpg but Since only happened twice I don't count it in my sig. Could have been pump error. I can get that 44 though easily. I calculate my mpg's every single fill up.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Mine 1.8 sedan averages about 29, and that's with about 80% city driving. My driving style is... spirited. Haha. The throttle controller really helped me with that though. I leave it in eco5 all the time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I get average about 28mpg, almost all city driving... Mine is a 6 speed too, its hard to drive conservatively lol

I'm also curious about these throttle controllers

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
we might want to keep this thread to the 2012 sedans. You people with the hatches might as well be quoting mpg's from a honda. It shares absolutely nothing with the 2012 sedan other then the name VERSA. Only reason I mentioned my car as it has the same engine at least and most likely the same transmission.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Haha fair enough, sorry man!
sorry if what I said came off harsh wasn't meant to be. We can discuss further about mpg for models other then the 2012 sedan here http://www.nissanversaforums.com/ge...rsa-1-6-1-8-gas-mileage-poll-please-vote.html . Actually the opening poster can feel free to just make comments in that thread as well. I encourage everyone to vote in the poll. I'm not going to make another one for the 2012 sedan because it seems the mpg's are on par with the older 1.6 sedans.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm glad this came up. I'm curious if the 2012 sedan does have the same transmission ratios after comparing the mpgs at
Compare Vehicles | Office of Energy Efficiency
and of course does this translate to a real world mpg difference?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey poppasmurf, I've been getting about 550Kms on avg 37 litres. Feel free to convert to mpg of your choice :)
Mine isn't broke in yet (3200 Kms) and it's a 2012 sedan 5 spd. My commute is approx 75% hwy. I'll be switching to synthetic oil at the first due oil change and track any differences.
My last tank was 563.6kms/36.519 L or 43.62 IMP MPG / 36.3 US MPG

·
Registered
63 Posts
The trip computer has been about 13% overoptimistic for fuel economy on mine. Eg, trip computer said 41.26 mpg (US gallon) when hand calculated was actually 36.3 mpg. (mixed driving)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
My Altima also optimistic. Last tank indicated 30.3 mpg us, 36.4 mpg imp, but calculated was 34.4 mpg imp.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I measured carefully on three long trips of mostly highway and my average is 39.62MPG MY peak on one trip was 41.45. The faster I go, the lower the number, but my lowest was 37.79MPG I always get better than the EPA numbers.

2012 Versa 1.6S Sedan

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.