Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new, so sorry if this has been addressed. I have a 2009 Nissan Base 1.6 sedan that has the manual serpentine tensioner. I replaced the belt and while at the auto parts store the clerk was saying he has the auto tensioner part. I tried to look up if this is possible. Has anyone replaced a manual with an auto or know what would be involved?

Thank you

·
Registered
939 Posts
I would NOT be in a hurry to change to that type. They commonly bring another entire set of issues to the table. You will actually not have to adjust the manual one much and the autos wear out the arms, that is impossible on a manual one.

I would literally kill to have the manual type on a couple of Fords I have.........................typically the auto ones are much weaker, they rely on the spring taking a whole lot of the load that a manual can take easily with no breakage, so they make the auto ones much weaker in overall strength. The auto ones can rattle to drive you nuts and are typically much b-tchier as well about having exact belt length. manual ones do not rattle as they are bolted down solid. Common as well to have to change 3-4 auto ones over car lifetime where normally you NEVER change a manual one.

At the average price there I just saved you a very possible $200.........................

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I never had an auto.... this was my commuter upgrade for a 72 Scout. Even the base model brings all kinds of creature comforts I like now... like a heater an AC that works!

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Big John72
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing