Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a 2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S sedan 5-speed. I really would like to have every month I drive at least 1000 miles crossing the state on the highway, and the constant speed that cruise affords would net me better gas mileage. I was wondering if there is any way to add it to a model that did not originally come equipped with it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi, I have a 2008 which I added aftermarket cruise control too.

Rostra makes a kit for the Versa. According to their website (Aftermarket Cruise Control, Daytime Running Lights and Hands-free Bluetooth by Rostra), the kit for 2012 V is part number 250-9504. You can go to their website to look at the instruction manual and parts and buy it from them or ebay.

Basically, it is a stalk mounted setup. I had mine installed on the left side of the steering wheel shaft housing below the turn signal stalk (where it was comfortable for me to reach while holding on to the steering wheel).

I had the Rostra CC installed by a professional shop. I did not want to attempt it myself. It may not be too hard to do, but the shop quoted about 2 hours and they did a fantastic job. I purchased the Rostra unit and installation from them.

It works exactly the same as the factory cruise does, just it's on a stalk instead of the steering wheel. Maintains speed fine and allows for incremental speed increases/decreases of 1km/1mile per hour everytime you push the correct button. Engages seamlessly and has a light to show when active.

Again, I would recommend you have it done professionally from a reputable shop. My cost was about $350 if I remember correctly as it's been a couple of years. However having cruise makes driving distances much easier to do.

Would be glad to share any other information just ask. Good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a little concerned about that kit. The drop down menu says 2007 to 2013 Versa...I think it may be hatchback only.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I am a little concerned about that kit. The drop down menu says 2007 to 2013 Versa...I think it may be hatchback only.
Hi, should not matter hatch or sedan. I have a sedan. It's the same wiring for all. However, you can call them to confirm.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, should not matter hatch or sedan. I have a sedan. It's the same wiring for all. However, you can call them to confirm.
What I am saying is, 2012 is the first year of the second generation sedan (which I have). It shares very little with the previous model which you have. The reason it says 2007-2013 is because the 1st generation hatchback was in production until the Note came out last year.

·
Registered
339 Posts
reading the fsm it says the ecm controls the throttle actuator. So it sounds like Id need an ecm for a versa with mt , abs, cruise. ASCD steering, brake , and clutch switch.. wtf way to much work especially if the harness is different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.