Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added power locks to their base model? I would like to, I want OEM Nissan parts though, does anyone know if they make a kit? It would be nice to be able to lock/unlock all the other doors from the driver's door. Don't want to screw my door panels so I'd like to do something like this. Suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well I know it's possible because I had them added to mine as well as an alarm system although by a professional. I got the Power door panels so it looks oem. Honestly though I'm not sure what the brand was they used.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I know it's possible because I had them added to mine as well as an alarm system although by a professional. I got the Power door panels so it looks oem. Honestly though I'm not sure what the brand was they used.
Cool. I dont really put my windows down so Im not worried about the power windows but I do want a good power lock kit. Was it expensive?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Cool. I dont really put my windows down so Im not worried about the power windows but I do want a good power lock kit. Was it expensive?
Tint, Alarm with impact sensor, PowerDoor and Power Windows it was around 900$ As for what the power door kit only I'm not sure I'd imagine the kit itself being around 150$~

·
Registered
238 Posts
$900 just for parts? Or everything including labor?
For everything including labor.

Is your power windows and locks aftermarket?
Yes their A.M. the dealers wanted to charge me $2,500(not including labor) for the official OEM ones, they also told me they would have to keep it in the shop for a week to do so....well the A.M. people I took it to and all that done in a day. :thumb2:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and have been doing some research on power windows and locks. Unfortunately i got an 09 Versa S 1.8 manual everything from my parents but the price was right so i can put money into and still be ahead. So I was wondering what people thought about replacing the door panels with automatic oe ones, which would cost a couple hundred on ebay, the switches, wiring and motors. has anyone done it? im hoping i can find a local crashed versa in a junkyard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will be adding these in the near future. I'm currently adding dynamat to the car and so far, it's already added comfort with the 1 panel done. haha

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and have been doing some research on power windows and locks. Unfortunately i got an 09 Versa S 1.8 manual everything from my parents but the price was right so i can put money into and still be ahead. So I was wondering what people thought about replacing the door panels with automatic oe ones, which would cost a couple hundred on ebay, the switches, wiring and motors. has anyone done it? im hoping i can find a local crashed versa in a junkyard.
Can be done but the BCM needs to be programmed by Nissan. Also check my above posts in this thread they kinda cover the rest of your post :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks. I talked to Nissan in my area and they said they could reprogram everything i wanted them to for $150 including adding a key fob.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Alright so I know it's been awhile since I posted on this topic but I am reporting that I am almost done changing everything over to power locks from manual locks! I will have power locks and windows from the factory for about 300 bucks. I ran into a couple of speed bumps throughout the project but everything is worked out now will have a couple pics soon.

·
Registered
89 Posts
because i took everything off of a donor car that was in an accident.
i needed:
4 new door panels with slots for the switches
4 new regulators and motors
4 wiring harnesses
4 switches
1 new bcm with power locks and windows activated

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You're lucky! I've looked all over the place for a donor car but no luck. :(

Would I be able to use the parts off of another Nissan(Altima, Maxima, Sentra)?

·
Registered
89 Posts
On one of my harnesses the actuator plug was different and i was able to cut it so it looked like all the other actuator plugs so im assuming it must have been from another model of nissan but i couldnt tell you which kind or anything like that. It was a ton of work though though to switch everything over.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts