Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Gotta give you kudos on not only detailing this DIY project, but listing the costs. There are plenty of threads about swapping engine, trannys, etc. but few talk about the actual costs of swapping out what many assume to be "easy" changeovers. It's why the electronic side of making a change to any modern car is way more expensive than most would imagine! Imagine if you had to combine the labor costs of what you put into this Versa S!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Awesome work! That dash apart is mind blowing but I replaced a dash on an S-10 some years ago and it looked like that...minus 99% of the electronics!
My question is where did you get such a detailed manual? All I wanted to do on my '18 Versa Note was put a "real" horn on it. I was afraid to even look for it!
The electric horns on most modern Nissans are usually located near the radiator. I put European horns on my '03 Z without too much trouble, but those were factory options. For your '18 Versa, just look in that crowded engine bay and make sure that any loud aftermarket horns have adequate space to avoid the radiator fans or other engine components.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts