Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got myself a new 2014 Versa Note S and I'm installing an aftermarket stereo in it that supports steering controls. I was hoping someone could elaborate on whether or not you can add these in on this model. I had the base Altima, and it had the plug for them, so it was just a matter of changing the panel out and they worked. Is this the same on the Versa?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I do not have first hand info on your question but here is a link to the Note service manual which may help. AFAIK the Note steering wheel is from a Sentra and I would assume all their controls are compatible (since most Nissan models also share radios). Obviously your aftermarket radio should be compatible to Nissan.

Index of /FSM/Versa

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured as much, I just wanted to be sure that the plug was in the steering wheel to support it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Popped the airbag module...it looks like Nissan went the path of the Altima and Sentra. There IS a plug back there for steering controls. Ordered them and I'm going to pop them in to see if they work. If it's anything like the Altimas, then they're supported out of the box.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cool. I'd like to do this as well. What stereo did you get? Did you get speakers as well? Any other info would be appreciated! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my case I've got a gen 2 2014 note. It looks like the plug is already in there so I'm going to try as soon as the controls get here. I've got an aftermarket unit with programmable controls so I can try to see how it reacts with the controls in there. Has anyone tried adding them to a stock 2014 to see what happens?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OBTW, I managed to get the airbag off on the Gen2 model. NOT an easy task. those springs are a pain. Despite what the manual says a flat blade seems to be the easiest thing to use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
kruuth
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing