Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to add a reverse camera to my versa note, and I was hoping someone had done this before. Are there any guides on this yet?

For that matter, I've seen some abckup cameras that fit into one of the license light slots, but none seem to fit the 2014. Is there a part that would fit? I see that some of the models, like the Tiida and Taena look like they'd fit but I don't have much info on the international models that nissan has.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'd like to add a reverse camera to my versa note, and I was hoping someone had done this before. Are there any guides on this yet?

For that matter, I've seen some abckup cameras that fit into one of the license light slots, but none seem to fit the 2014. Is there a part that would fit? I see that some of the models, like the Tiida and Taena look like they'd fit but I don't have much info on the international models that nissan has.
I'm assuming you are not talking about installing/retrofitting the OEM VNote system to your car. I would assume that would be a bit involved.

There are a host of aftermarket solutions ranging from less than $50 to over $200, mostly dependent on the display you would like. I don't understand why you seem to indicate that the license plate mounted camera would not fit the 2014 Note? That camera just bolts on directly to your license plate between the top or bottom holes. I'm sure it's sized for the US/Canadian license plates, not sure about other countries.

Installation should also be straight forward. I'd just take a bit of time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The license plate option would be an easy fit, I was thinking of more of teh OEM style fits that I've seen on Amazon or Ebay that install where one of the license plate lights goes.

I was looking for some advice on running the video/power back to the front of the car. I haven't pulled apart any of the panels and wanted to be sure that I didn't break anthing if I snaked the video from the back of the car to the front. I kind of was hoping that there was a pre-set pah already there that I could use.

I'm assuming you are not talking about installing/retrofitting the OEM VNote system to your car. I would assume that would be a bit involved.

There are a host of aftermarket solutions ranging from less than $50 to over $200, mostly dependent on the display you would like. I don't understand why you seem to indicate that the license plate mounted camera would not fit the 2014 Note? That camera just bolts on directly to your license plate between the top or bottom holes. I'm sure it's sized for the US/Canadian license plates, not sure about other countries.

Installation should also be straight forward. I'd just take a bit of time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok well I figure I should commend on this, since I was able to do it last night:

I popped the liner off the back hatch, and could see everything, getting the cable snaked was a little tough, but wasn't a deal breaker. A coat hanger or something like that will really help. From there it was through the rubber boot that covers the wires that run to the actual interior of the car, then along the roof liner, and along the side of the car, followed by running into the wire holder under the door frame. Definitely don't attempt this without some way of prying off the plastic paneling, which I had. Running power is going to be a little rough, since you have to snake a pair of wires from the reverse light up and through the boot again.

Wish they'd just done that for you but it is what it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.