Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, is it possible to add an instrument cluster with a tach to my 2013 base model S? Its a 5 speed and even though I've drove manuals for 15+ years I really miss my tach!!

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
was just going to suggest a small electronic OBDII device. You get a tach and other functions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, I really want a swinging needle right by my speedo... I'm thinking a wrecked Versa SV, then take it to the dealer and have the cluster flashed with my mileage. Should work, many other makes can do this.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
goodluck and let us know how that works out for you. I know if I had a car without a tach I would be putting one in.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Like this??

This is what the base model 'S' sedans get if you live in Canada. Maybe your local dealer could order one and do the install?? If not, I'm sure you could order one from a Canadian dealer...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Stumbler, thats exactly what I'm looking for! I figure even the base models are wired for the tach as most cars are, it simplifies assembly and part numbers at the factory. I just need to find one thats not kmh....

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Try one from the higher up models. Maybe you will get lucky and it's plug n play.

Is this what your current gauges look like?

I'm extremely disappointed in nissan. It couldn't cost but a few pennies to have the tachometer there and it's not like they sell a ton of the base models. If the higher model gauges don't fit I would tray and score a cluster from Canada and retro fit the tach to your existing gauges. If these gauges are built like the olden nissan's then each part is individual and swappable.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks Stumbler, thats exactly what I'm looking for! I figure even the base models are wired for the tach as most cars are, it simplifies assembly and part numbers at the factory. I just need to find one thats not kmh....
Hard to tell from the pic, but the inside ring is MPH.
All other trim levels have the 'Clearview guages' which have a completely different dash housing, and would be a spendy conversion. I asked about it when I took delivery of mine. The tech just smiled and shook his head.

Correction* Sorry, I just had a look at the brochure, looks like the dash housing is the same, but the entire cluster is different. Aside from the extra computer inputs for the trip computer etc, maybe it could still be done?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As soon as I find a "take out" cluster I'll let you guys know! I'm surely not spending anything close to what Nissan wants for one...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm curious about that swap too, so please check back.

I highly doubt they'd make the wire harness any different for ease of production purposes - Normally car manufactures make parts interchangeable between different sub-models so long as the production years are compatible.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Is that it..? Where is the screen that tells you all its read outs?
You use any device that has a compatible app and bluetooth ie laptop, tablet, phone.

Won't work with apple products as they need to use wifi for this task and not bluetooth.

·
Registered
993 Posts
This should be a cool upgrade, I want to do something similar with a mounted tablet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts