Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently got some 6K HIDs installed in my 2014 Versa Sedan. I was wondering if anybody knew how to lower the angle of reflection because when I am behind somebody I can see everything in their car, it is too high. I already got a warning from a cop "do something about that"

Or should I just take it back to the shop and ask them to do it.
If so, is there a more professional way to word this, lol!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Generally all headlight assemblies have some sort of vertical adjustment on them to move the beam up and down............Look for it.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
:grin Oh I love people like that. I had one of those mustangs with the fog lamps made into the grill and the guy had hids in all 4 lamps and I sweat he had 55 watt ballasts too.

when I am behind somebody I can see everything in their car, lol!

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Well, make sure they are rated for HIDs and your HIDs are rated for on road use or DOT approved. Same for the projectors. Many projectors are for halogen lamps or are not DOT approved.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
I like the lamps on my versa. The aim, spread and color. Out of habit I got a set of fogs, but Ive got use to not using them on my old car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
HIDs have completely different light properties and will blind everyone unless they are literally pointed straight down.

get rid of them or get projectors made for HID's.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
As mentioned, some lighting types are so intense they have gone to putting light blockers to block the top radiation of the beams. You if not having that but needing it (a conversion) will likely be throwing some of your light output away by having to lower them too low.

And again I say, virtually every light assembly on the planet can be aimed up and down without breaking into them, you just have to look for the adjustment. Most though do NOT adjust sideways.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts